We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Of course money does come into it , but i am not worried about a few pounds.A lot of people seem to be going through the Arab countries airlines, through Doha ect.

Why do you consider these better than Jet Airways (who i have used a lot ) and Kingfisher.

i am going for two months next year so cannot fly direct into Goa.My walking is not the best and i am also deaf, so ease of transfer is very important to me.Which airline has in your opinions got the easiest transfers?.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

In my opinion it has to be Qatar...2 1/2 hours outbound and 1 1/2 inbound for change of planes hope that helps.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 18:52
Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Why not just get a cheap charter deal,don't use the return leg.Then book a one way return from here.before anyone says you can't... you can ,as long as you use the same charter company going home.

John

Edited: 28 March 2011, 19:10
milton keynes
Level Contributor
784 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

i prefer to go jet, partly because i can clear customs in mumbai and also heathrow is more convenient to me tha gatwick or manchester

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Qatar are the most direct airline into Goa other than charters. Emirates fly to Mumbai and then you have an other wait for your flight to Goa. Kingfisher and Jet tend still to have a longer stop over times than the 1 to 21/2 hrs you have at Doha. Changing flights in Doha is as simple as any where else and you don't see your bags until you're in Goa.

Hi Bogmalo, Charter flights from the uk tend to be as expensive as schedual flights. One way fairs on schedual flights too are nearly as expensive as returns. The only time you can get a really cheap flight is last minute and then you're taking a risk.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 19:50
Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

I realise that the cost of charter flights and one way flights are expensive.But Vurda was more worried about ease of access than the price.

John

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Isn't there a time limit of stay if you fly with a charter?

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Oh dear, i can see by the answers that most of you do not have (or nobody close to you) has mobility and other problems, most of these answers do not even touch the subject of easy travel.

To those who who did reply,Thank you for at least trying, i shall have to try to find out about these problems from other directions.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

hi vudra....been trying to find a easy,way to goa for a long time ,, the best i found is...charter pemior,, but the price, can be,a lot , if you dont, look around,,,look at what thay are charging for next se,, so with the shortest time,,on the plane,, ,just two planes from manchester to goa and the best flight times which allways cost a bit more and no BOMBAY, we started going, with emerates,direct to dubai,,,do a sleep over if you wish,,not to expen,,if booked with BOOKING.COM. and then travel on to goa with air in dia/ /aindian airlines ,, which are the same , if trying to con,,in the uk,,// the air india flt to goa /dubai is about 240pounds ret,for one per,,may seem epen but its about three hours to goa from dubai, DIRECT,,you prob find more airlines doing the dubai goa , but airindia was the best for us,,,,,like said emirates have a lot of diff flight times if you book direct with them,,,not a lot more expen than booking with a agent,,and you have more flight times to look at for sleep over or not,, qater are cheaper,,, but the midd of the night flight times to late for me,,,,no prob if you dont mind them sort of flights,,

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

verda, as for mobility,,,,,do you ever see the small bus things used, in the air port for getting the diss passengers from atb,,you shoud have no probs just ask dont see what more you want, every were is geared up for the mobility thing now taxies the lot,,,,good luck,,,

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I want the easiest not the cheapest!!!!

Hi Vurda

Many of us that go scheduled via the middle east do so because Kingfisher or Jet only operate out of Heathrow so Qatar with its flights from Manchester is more convenient.

If your airport of choice is based in the south and you want to go via Bombay then I would be inclined to go with Jet or Kingfisher who would also have a corresponding connecting flight down to Goa so your luggage should be checked all the way to Dabolim (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Qatar airport isn't too bad although you have to be bussed from the plane to the terminal and vice versa. There are plenty of places to sit, although most of the seating is upstairs. There are escalators and lifts though.