We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thunder

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Topic
thunder

its currently thundering and lightening in candolim and at the moment it is raining lightly by indian standards.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thunder

Is this fairly common for this time of year - pre monsonal heat and all that or is there something more sinister afoot - an early start to the monsoon?

The weather charts show the Western Ghats awash with red and purples meaning torrents of rain - most likely heavy even by Indian standards!

Just getting a tad concerned, arriving 22nd April....

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thunder

They're called "mango showers"....they are.there to ripen mangoes before the season begins next month.

However, all the weather in Asia is weird at the mo.... the north of Thailand, where I was this time last year, is having torrential rain - last year it was very hot and very dry!

Go figure!

Wolf

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thunder

Hi mrwolf

I have my large glass of Honey Bee exposed to the elements at the moment as there seems to be no rain about but I do think I should drink it PDQ just in case it evaporates....Cheers

Hope to be at Mollies on Sunday if your are in the area

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thunder

@mrwolf2 - I was under the impression "Mango Showers" are so named because the rain causes the mangoes to fall down pre-maturely from the trees in a shower.

Thanks for enlightening me with the correct info. . It's good to know that Mango showers are indeed a positive phenomenon for the mangoes.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thunder

vs_hi

glad to be of assistance - I hope I'm correct now!

Welloutofit

glad to see you're taking good care of that Honeybee! Mrs Wolf and I may well pop in to see you on Sunday evening.

Wolf

6. Re: thunder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:15