We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Hello,

i will come with flight IT 008 London -Mumbai (kingfisher)

Arrival 10:40 AM (monday). Because of the problems at Goan airport the connection-flight changed and they have booked for me the flight (also kingfisher) IT512 12:45 PM to Goa.The next flight would leave at 4:55 PM (code share/kingfisher).

So 1st. - will I catch the flight in time, like getting fast enough to check in and do someone have any advice, to save time?

2nd. - if I miss the flight, is there a chance to get another flight (like that at 4:55 PM) without paying?

3rd. - I will need a couple of Rupees. Can I get them there quickly?

4th. - how is your experience of Mumbai Airport?

Thanks for good news!!! -I mean GOOD news! :-)

Andi

newmarket suffolk
Level Contributor
321 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

We recently flew Kinfisher to Goa via Mumbai with a changeover of 1 hr 50 mins, Kingfisher staff were very efficient & we were sat at the departure gate for the Goa flight with plenty of time to spare.

We found the airport clean with a choice of shops & places to eat & drink. Also plenty of seats.

Enjoy your holiday

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

oooooooooooh I´m sooooooooooo happy.

Thank you . I thought I will have big stress and hurry for nothing...

Anything interesting or have to know about Mumbai Airport?

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Hi

If you go missing Kingfisher staff will come and find you. I did this trip in March and it was fine. On another internal flight in India I was taken by a KF person to the front of all the queues at baggage scans and security checks in order to make a connection - very efficient.

Its quite a bus ride between terminals at Mumbai, and they check your hold baggage in after customs at the International terminal before you make the trip to the domestic terminal.

On the way back from Goa luggage went right through to Heathrow.

Edited: 14 April 2011, 18:08
Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

2 hours is plenty of time with kingfisher dont worry

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Thank you all.

Now I'm really reassured.

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Hello,

just wanted to say, that I have made online check-in (also) for this flight.

So I have our boarding pass and confirmed seats.

And with your opinion - Yes I will catch the flight in time.

The flights are confirmed, I have phoned my taxi-driver - he will wait at arrival mith a sign - and the hotel manager also wrote a very nice email to us.

I planned and booked all for my own and I am feeling so secure as no other holidays with "full package" before.

So me and my family will have 2 fantastic weeks...

Bye

Andi

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Have a great holiday

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Hi Andi

As the others have said no problem with getting the Goa flight but obviously don't hang about

When you have cleared Immigration look out for the signs for Kingfisher luggage reclaim and collect your luggage on a trolley as normal, you then go through Customs (they might want to x-ray it) you then make for the Kingfisher transfer area where your hold luggage has to be x-rayed and sealed for the Goa flight, if you have bought bottles of drink or perfume in Heathrow or on the flight put them in your hold luggage first as they will not be allowed in hand luggage

Once you have handed over your hold luggage, you will be shown to the transfer bus that takes you to the domestic terminal (takes about 20 to 25 minutes), you then have to go to the departure security check-in and take a seat over looking the departure gates, wait for the Goa flight to be called or a sign put up by the gates ....if in doubt go and ask at the gates

It sounds a rush but it is not to bad, just the normal Indian scramble and when you sit down on the Goa flight you can let out a big sigh of relief

Have a good flight and a great holiday

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

Thank you.

I will do it right that way!!

Bye - and all the Best for you too.

10. Re: 2 hours time at Mumbai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:16