We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is goa the place for us...

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
is goa the place for us...

well.........we got back on monday after flying scheduled with Kingfisher (very good)and have to say we had a fantastic holiday.

the weather was hot,sunny and HUMID, we were pretty glad of the breeze on the beach, away from the beach you sweated for england!! ( but we somehow manged to cope with our faithful friends mr kingfisher & co lol)

we stayed on holiday st and found enough places still open to eat and drink nearby. Stopped a week in Seagull Hotel,basic but

comfy enough, then stopped in Maggies further down for a week, rooms were very nice, clean, airy, would recommend Maggies.

Not many western tourists but we don't mind that as we go on foreign holidays to meet local/natives not brits etc.

Goa was not much of a culture shock(rubbish etc) as we toured Delhi & Agra before and believe me...goa is clean compared to those places (never saw anyone asleep in the roads gutters etc).

The indian drivers are something to experience!!...a taxi/tuk tuk ride gave us more of a nervous thrill than any ride at Alton Towers! LOL

The food we can only describe as fantastic, never had one bad meal and never got the "ten bob bits". king fish tikka,chicken xacuti,veg caldrin, butter chicken, veg mutter, jeera rice and sexy naans...yum yum....all washed down with 2 or 3 kingfisher strongs (well i did say it was hot, got replace lost fluids etc LOL

the beach was lovely,soft clean sands (apart from near the steps which others have mentioned). we loved to walk from holiday street to the river princess or the other way to baga, stop in a shack, have the customary "kings" and watch the world go by...ahhhhh heaven.

sellers were no problem used to just say no thank you, even after sometimes looking at there wares.

there weren't as many beggars about, the few what we encountered were ok, we wouldn't give them money but bought them soft drinks and sometimes food, this seemed to please them, after all whats 20 rupees??

another thing we encountered was the amount of times we had our photo taken by domestic tourists. as we walked along the beach,they would ask if we could pose with their friends/family and on one occaision we were interviewed for the tv!! we felt like minor celebrities lol

you cannot explain to folks back home the feel/experience of india, you've got to go and see/feel it yourself. When we'll go back (cos we will return) we don't know as their are so many places we want to see , but india/goa is a holiday we'll treasure.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is goa the place for us...

Thankyou for taking the time to write a very good review, you sound like you really enjoyed yourself. we only last about 10 days after we return before we are booking our flights again.:)) Gel

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is goa the place for us...

Nice report and it sounds like you embraced Goa and had a totally chilled out holiday.

Midlands England
Level Contributor
61 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is goa the place for us...

Great report.........but you just made me really yearn to go back!! You are spot on with the feel/experience. Was talking about this at work today as someone said they would never go to india because it was dirty. I just said....go. Love it or hate it you won't forget it

cheshire
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is goa the place for us...

hi tets kim,

thanks for taking the time to send us your fantastic holiday

report, it brings memories rushing back for us, and we have

only been back home 7 weeks.i am sure you will return one day..

regards loopy lee

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is goa the place for us...

Good, well balanced report and glad you enjoyed your first trip to Goa :-)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
502 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is goa the place for us...

Goa is one of the most amazing places in India for a holiday. I have been to Goa 4 times in the past one year and still yearn to go there. As an Indian I feel proud whenever a tourist falls in love with a part of India and takes it back home with them.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is goa the place for us...

hay kim what you get the begger for 20 rups,,was it it at a shack,,tell the name,,must be the cheapest on the beach,,,,

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is goa the place for us...

Hi

Glad you enjoyed, will you go back the same time?

We used to always go Easter know what you mean about the sweating,

we like Jan/feb/nov time now.

Rishis_savani,

We visited Mumbai for the second time in Feb, had been up for three days many years ago, well we loved it and cant wait to go back.

It has changed so much coming in from the airport getting to look like New york.

met many nice people from Mumbai,

Mims

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is goa the place for us...

I think you either love India or you don't and am very pleased that you liked it. Thanks for the report.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is goa the place for us...

hi england bazz...

it was a bottle of pepsi and miranda for 20 rupees each at jolly jacks shack bottom of holiday st.....oh...how we wish we were there now....watching the sunset....getting misty eyed just thinking about goa, a fabulous place.