We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Hi

I wondered if anyone had any information on this hotel. I think it has just been built. I intend to be back in goa from 20th November and was thinking of booking this hotel but would have liked to have read some reviews etc before deciding for definate. The only info i have found so far is the hotels own website.

Thanks

Munich, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Hi Greetings from Goa !!! you are right this hotel is a barnd new hotel which has started operations a few days ago. I was 01 of the luck guys to have booked to stay in this resort along with my wife. The hotel is managed by som profesionals i should say starting from the front office. George te front office manager and his team are welcoming and made sure the ceck inn were smooth and easy.Thhe hotel has two categories of room ie teh palm room and palm suite. i was booked at the palm room which ws very clean and bright ( they hv done a bit more lighting then required ). They gym ws just getting and teh activity centre was just getting ready when i ws in house ( i m sure they must hve been complete by now). I had a meal at the restaurant once and found it preety good, and i must comment that the boys who serve are very friendly and alway with a smile, hope the managment manage to keep them smiling always. The pool is not so very big but is quite clean as it was raing season there were justa couple of sunbeds.Kababs and curry is a famous restaurant in calangute which is just next to the resort, unfortunately is was closed for teh off season.

In all i would recommend this hotel to couples / family and small groups. I am sure you are gonan have agreat time in Goa and Ocean Palms.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

I have just read the reviews and they say that it is good we are looking at going the only thing that we are not happy about is that you only have the bedroon and no balcony

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Hi Sandy 1921

Yes that worries me a bit as well. WOuld hate not to have a balcony.

Where did you read the reviews?

Jacqui

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

went into google put the hotel name in and the reviews are on there

Munich, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

some of the palm rooms do have balconies but all palm suites do hv balconies.BTw they u can speak to hotel directly on facebook.

Mumbai
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Ocean Palms Goa Calangute is one of the most unprofessional hotel i have ever dealt with. The staff is very unhelpful and misguides. I had asked for a reservation which they confirmed over the phone as a result of which i cancelled out on another hotel booking. And after several mails & follow ups over call i was told that they have been sold out due to weekend crowd.

Our entire group of 8 had to cancel out our holiday thanks to the wonderful staff of Ocean Palms Goa!!!

Please be very cautious while dealing with these people!!

Goa
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

On investigation we find that this was a telephonic inquiry and the resort gave information on the offer and requested for an email to enable us to confirm. On receiving the email, we realized that it was for the weekend when the offer was not valid. Since we cannot rule out the possibility of a mis-communication or misunderstanding, we have offered to accommodate the guest request as per their requirement. Be rest assured that we practice " Athithi Devo Bhava" ( Guest is God) as our service philosophy

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Well I have booked for two weeks from 20th November and am so looking forward to it

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Hi

I'm N.Annadurai, from Singapore Recently we stayed (Sept 5-8), in the hotel for 4D 3N with my niece and son. We're very happy with our stay. Staffs are friendly & co-operative at all times. Spl.thanks to Mr.George Thomas, Ms.Sunaiya,& the restaurent staffs who done their jobs well. They served in 100% professional way..

We took the package, only not satisfied with the tour package, with only just 5 hrs only. Not given enough time and un-realistic schedule tour plan. Other than that it's of GREAT place to stay. Calangute Beach is 8-10 mint walk with good road.....Those who want to relax can stay here.... Swimming pool is clean and neat, monitored by life guard......

Rooms are clean, food is delicious...with new Gym facilities.Everything well maintained. They should keep this for-ever to attract more foreigners.It's good & nice pleasant experience stay in Ocean Palms..... You can consider this hotel for your pleasant stay.............Thank you.... warm rgds N.ANNADURAI Singapore

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Palms Hotel Calangute

Hi Keith

You'll have GOOD time when u stay in Ocean Palm. Recently i stayed there Sept 5 -8, the rooms are neat and clean. The staffs are friendly and helpful...

Pls go ahead to stay there.

Thank you

warm rgds

AnnAdurai.N

Singapore

Edited: 17 September 2011, 09:47