We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suza lobo restaurant

n wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suza lobo restaurant

Does anyone know of a restaurant called suza lobo is it in candolim or calangute and is it international cuisine. Also where about is it, cheers?

U.K.
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suza lobo restaurant

Its in Calangute by the beach. Any taxi driver will take you there. Cant remember what was on the menu as we only went once and that was a long time ago, didnt go again because of fleas!!!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: suza lobo restaurant

Everyone goes on about Suza Lobos...

It is in a perfect location on the beach in Calangute. If you stand next to the Red India resturant opp the road to baga, walk left across the road and head towards the beach - the tibetian market is on your right. Keep walking right down to the taxi rank at the bottom and its hidden on the left, right at the beach front.

But be warned.. I went for the first time last year and none of us really enjoyed the meal. In couldnt really remember and went again this year and I have to say it was pretty awful (everyones tastes are different) but It wasnt the best. We have eaten it lots of nice places but this one I would not reccomend. It is always busy though so people must like it but I dont know anyone who eats there regular.

Almas bar in Candolim is a little hidden away place that is opp hotel Sumerville, which is lovely.

Moonlight bar which is semi hidden opp Ava Maria is also really nice and the owners are lovely.

If I think of other places I will post them for you

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suza lobo restaurant

souza lobo's is quite good for goan food, but my favourite in Goa is britto's. you have to try the pepper prawn if you get there.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suza lobo restaurant

oh by the way, britto's is on baga beach, almost at the end of the road.

they have great desserts too

n wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: suza lobo restaurant

thanks for replies going to goa on monday night and meeting up with family already there so its their choice i'll go with an open mind

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suza lobo restaurant

It's been on Calungute beach since the 1930s and is very well known though I haven't tried it myself. It's probably worth trying just for the experience though the Rough Guide doesn't give it a very good write up.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suza lobo restaurant

I wouldn't try it just for the experience,it's grotty. There are many other much better, cleaner places to eat.