We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling south to north

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
travelling south to north

We have not been before but will probably stay in quieter south cavelossin how much and how long will it take to travel by taxis to markets and shops in north is it worth the trip

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling south to north

It will be well worth the trip for Ingos Saturday night market, Anjuna market on a Wednesday, Panjim for shopping and restaurants and of course Candolim, Baga and Calangute for everything they have to offer too. Taxi will probably take about an hour to an hour and a half.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling south to north

Hi. I agree with STALEX that it is well worth the trip north. The link below will give you a list of prices from Margao railway station. You should be able to work out rough prices for a taxi north from this. The price list from Margao was last verified in February of this year. Many thanks to Rob of CWT for the price list.

childrenwalkingtall.com/Taxi-Prices-Margao-R…

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling south to north

Meerkat20...where have you been for the last 51 days....enjoying yourself I hope.

Edited: 22 June 2011, 19:04
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling south to north

Hi Tony. I've had one Helluva lot going on recently with one thing or another but yeah, generally enjoying myself thanks ;-)

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling south to north

Oscarbon, We went to Canvossolim for 5days in Dec. from Callengute, the Taxi for 4was 1,200 RPS. Its 90 to 100 mins or more depending on traffic a tedious journey. The people in our hotel that went on trip to Market said it wasnt worth the travelling". I personally wouldnt do it for a day, better to goand get overnight accomodaion )):

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling south to north

We have done Cavelossım to Calangute by taxı. Paıd 1600 rupees return. Goıng at 8am returnıng at 6pm. It takes about 1hour 40 mıns from Cavelossım. To make the most of your stay ın the north I would recommend an overnıght (you can get a decent room for 20 pounds). You could then take ın a nıght market. An alternatıve to taxı ıs a traın. It wıll cost 25 rupees pp from Margao to Thıvım. Traın leaves at 9:30 am and you arrıve ın Thıvım at 10:30. A taxı from Thıvım to Calangute wıll cost 400 rupees. Thıs ıs the way we dıd ıt last tıme (also returnıng on a 9;30 traın from Thıvım to Margao). Traın journey was great. You can get a bus from Margao to Cavelossım for about 14 rupees (takes 40 mıns) or a tuk tuk for 180 rupees

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling south to north

We have done Cavelossım to Calangute by taxı. Paıd 1600 rupees return. Goıng at 8am returnıng at 6pm. It takes about 1hour 40 mıns from Cavelossım. To make the most of your stay ın the north I would recommend an overnıght (you can get a decent room for 20 pounds). You could then take ın a nıght market. An alternatıve to taxı ıs a traın. It wıll cost 25 rupees pp from Margao to Thıvım. Traın leaves at 9:30 am and you arrıve ın Thıvım at 10:30. A taxı from Thıvım to Calangute wıll cost 400 rupees. Thıs ıs the way we dıd ıt last tıme (also returnıng on a 9;30 traın from Thıvım to Margao). Traın journey was great. You can get a bus from Margao to Cavelossım for about 14 rupees (takes 40 mıns) or a tuk tuk for 180 rupees

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling south to north

Thanks! How easy to book a room? Where would be the best place to spend a day?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling south to north

Hi Oscar

There are loads of guest houses about and it would be really easy to find somewhere to stay.

MeerCat20......only generally enjoying yourself........;-)

Edited: 23 June 2011, 13:44
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling south to north

can you book while there or do you need to book before we leave uk, how do we do it while we are there