We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet another visa question!

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
284 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Yet another visa question!

Hi all!

We are going on the 4th December, but we are also going to Turkey on the 23rd October. I'm a bit worried about not getting our passports back in time if I apply a couple of weeks before we go to Turkey, or not gettin them back in time if i apply when we get back, because of the 3 month visa. If I apply in the next couple of weeks and state the dates we are going do you think they will issue a 6 month?

Thanks

Michelle

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
284 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet another visa question!

Or perhaps I should Just contact the embassy direct and ask them? Gordon Bennett!! What a palaver! Heehee!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet another visa question!

I don't think there are any guarantees Michelle. I remember reading of one elderly couple who applied for a 6 month visa last year and the dates were on the application form but they were only issued with 3 month visas which ran out half way through their holiday.

However I can only remember reading of a couple of people being issued with 3 month visas last year so I think the chance of this happening are probably quite low. I think in your position I would apply early and keep my fingers crossed. You should have enough time to get them when you get back from Turkey but I personally wouldn't risk it as I'd be having sleepless nights just in case there were any problems.

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted.

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
284 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet another visa question!

Thanks For your reply Gemma, feel a bit more reassured now. I was planning on applying next week or the week after but I am so worried about the 3 month thing after reading some of the posts on here!

London
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet another visa question!

Normally, I would recommended to apply closer to departure in case of 3 month visa issued but in your case would apply well before your Turkey holiday. As mentioned the 3 month visas were the exception.

Make sure you state you need 6 month multiple entry visa. One poster who received a 3 month visa last year suspected it was because they stated single entry.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yet another visa question!

Hi as Wandering star says above make sure you select MULTIPLE ENTRY there were 2 cases I know of last season where they selected the single entry option and received the 3 month visa, in both cases it was the first time they had applied on line themselves.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yet another visa question!

Hiya Val n Shell, why not apply for a 12 month Visa and take the worry out of it all, small price to pay for Peace of Mind IMOH . You could always pop back over next year too x

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yet another visa question!

Rie340, although it's a good idea to apply for a 12 month visa and there would be no harm trying, 12 month visas aren't commonly issued. There's been many cases where people have applied for a 12 month visa and just been issued with a 6 month visa instead, why? who knows!. I have had a 12 month visa and some other people have had them but for reasons of the HCI not everybody who applies gets them.

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
284 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yet another visa question!

Thanks for all your replies!

I've decided to apply next week (as I'm back at work and can use the printer ;)

Michelle

9. Re: Yet another visa question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 11:19