We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

Egremont, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

booked a holiday through olympic holiday dec last year for 3 weeks to goa this dec leave the 10th dec come back the 1st jan 2012. vowed we would never use them again because of an experience with them 5 years ago, well low and behold its started, it cost us £750 pp for the 3 weeks for this dec and today a letter, flight been cancelled no one knows why just been cancelled, but now for the 8thdec to the 30th dec, ripping people off again. has anyone else had this letter or is this just normal practice from a rubbish company. WILL NEVER USE OLYMPIC AGAIN

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

So you'll miss out on New Year in Goa. They use Monarch Airlines so I wonder if the problem is with them. I flew to Goa with them through Olympic in 2009 and never had any problems but you deserve an explanation Dave. Its not as if times have changed by a few hours its actually days. That's bad and it looks like the norm as Thomsons and Thomas Cook all seem to be playing around with peoples plans too.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

Sorry to hear about your flight schedule changes - it does happen and it is infuriating, especially when people have to factor in leave entitlement which often has to be booked to fit in around other colleagues' leave.

As the flight has changed by 2 days, are you not entitled to cancel? Look at the booking terms (yes, I know you should have looked at them when you booked, but you are not alone if you didn't!). If so, why not cancel and book your own bespoke package on the dates that suit you? Have a look at Jet, Kingfisher, Qatar and BA 's websites for starters.

To be fair to Olympic, it won't be their fault if (presumably) Monarch has changed their schedules. I had a flight change a couple of years ago in that we got shifted to a totally different charter airline, but it was just one of those things and it really wasn't the package provider's fault that a charter airline had rationalised its routes. I expect they may have taken some unwarranted abuse from other customers who may have blamed them!

Good luck with your rearrangemetns and let us know how you get on or whether you will, after taking stock, just go with the flow!

Edited: 19 August 2011, 15:00
Egremont, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

its changed to tcx thomas cook, and had no explanation at all, in fact from olympic holidays they have been damn rude and dont give a toss attitude :-( and no new year but no money off either so i think olympic are taking the mick

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

I don't want to make things any worse but TC are also taking the **** with changing flights times and departures dates too for this forthcoming season!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

The other year Thomas Cook switched flights from Gatwick to Monarch. It now looks like Monarch are switching flights to TC and anyone booked will have to fall in line with TC flight schedules. I doubt you would get a flight with a scheduled airline much cheaper and with no direct flights you could have long waits in between.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,888 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

I am sure londonraffles is right. Here are the Olympic Terms and Conditions. Look under "If we make changes." It's about three quarters of the way down.

olympicholidays.com/information/booking-cond…

Egremont, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

phoned them up and if we cancell then we will have a full refund, but had a look around and to be honest think we got a deal at that price, so just gotta rearrange a few things, just a pain in the a***, but thanks all, 3 rd time out there and cant wait

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

Have you asked Olympic if they can change your holiday so you fly a couple of days later rather than earlier so you can still spend new year in Goa?

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

Book scheduled. Vote with your feet.

Many members go with scheduled airlines.

Egremont, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: olympic holiday hell already,and not even left. PLEASE READ

yes we did and they want more money. the way to look at it i suppose it we will have to go back next year for the new year :-)