We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monsoon, how long?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
monsoon, how long?

just checked the weather on weatherunderground...its peeing it down, thunderstorms, and 90% humidity.....so, when do the rains stop?

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: monsoon, how long?

In the last half hour, I have spoken to a doctor friend in Margao and as you said HOTROCK, it's lashing it down, I could hear the rain in the background!

It has been particularly bad this summer, but as normal, is expected to die down very soon.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monsoon, how long?

Actualy the Monsoon hasn't been too bad this year,well not compared to last year anyway.

John

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: monsoon, how long?

heraldgoa.in/News/…49987.html

Average rainfall in monsoon: July to End September (26 inches)

I'd hate to see a bad one then.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monsoon, how long?

when do the rains stop?

Early December last year but the rains normally start to decrease in September and October with November mainly dry and lots of hot sunny days

Look up Bruahy's updates if you want to know what it has been like for the last couple of seasons

Edited: 27 August 2011, 21:50
manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monsoon, how long?

The question should be, when does the rains stop in this country? lol.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monsoon, how long?

yes last year and the year before dragged on into december,but very intermitant,earliest i remember the rain was april 10th this year,when me,oh,big bro welloutofits,chilly and mike and elephant lover were celebrating my birthday sitting outside then down came the rain

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monsoon, how long?

The moral of that story is.....don't hang out with the dragons - the rains follow them! Well, they are Welsh! LOL

Wolf

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monsoon, how long?

naughty naughty Mr. Wolf,a racial attack on us poor little Dragons,who everyone wuv,l.o.l.

Edited: 28 August 2011, 15:14
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monsoon, how long?

Dragon

Not racial at all....just saying you're wet!

You're correct, though, everybody wuves you!

Wolf

10. Re: monsoon, how long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 04:17