We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

independant booking

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
independant booking

we go this december for 4 weeks, booked as a package which includes crimbo and new year weeks, i paid £2300 in total for my wife and i.... which i thought was a good price, staying in average accom

however, next time we go, we plan on staying for at least 8 weeks, and this length of time is hard to come by as not a lot of tour operators offer this length of time as a package

just wondering what sort of prices i would pay next year if i booked independantly, from early december to early feb...what would airfare cost and how much per week for average accom

kind regards

HOTROCK..... (the spicy mancunian)

The Bicycle Trip
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
KOKOindia
Sightseeing Tours
Savoi Plantation
Sightseeing Tours
Kayz Photography Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Photography Tours
manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: independant booking

Hi HOTROCK (the spicy Manc), if you're going for 8 weeks next year then you'll have to get a schedualled flight as you can only stay for 4 weeks with a charter flight, that's why you'll struggle finding a package.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: independant booking

Hotrock we paid £ 570 each with Qatar flying Xmas day so if your going earlier or later you should be able to get cheaper. Paying 900 rupees a night for a small apartment which has basic kitchen facilities again this price is over Xmas so for longer periods you should be able to negotiate a reasonable price. I would have a look around at some places this year and perhaps get your accommodation sorted while your there.

I would think you could get 8 weeks for what you've paid for 4 if you shop around and get the flights when they are on offer.

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: independant booking

I am going for eight weeks independantly this year, for what i paid for four last year on a charter.I am staying at the SAME PLACE in a private appartment , instead of a hotel room that gave me a breakfast as well, but hey !i do not eat much breakfast anyway. Flying with Qatar and booked the appartment through owners direct, much cheaper.

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: independant booking

Just as a guide we paid £590 with Qatar flying out 13 Dec returning 31st Dec.

These were booked in March.

Guest house has cost 800rps a night.

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: independant booking

Best thing you can do is ask around about apartments whilst you are out there this year

We looked around last year and have found a fab apartment for a fraction of the cost of where we stayed and thanks to a nod from someone on here we booked our flights through Opodo and it's an absolute bargain :-))

fleetwood
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: independant booking

Badgerlad where can you find guest houses around that price? we have some friends going over in March and have a low budget.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: independant booking

Hi shaunie

You need to walk down paths and knock doors and have a look around.

Or google and email/phone guest houses you find off the net.

Stayed in a guest house over Xmas last year for 600rps a night, 2 mins walk behind Nizmar near Prashants Halfway house.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: independant booking

badgerlad......is that 590 per person....and 800 roops per night per person or per room

cheers

HOTROCK......(the spicy mancunian)

fleetwood
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: independant booking

Thanks Badgerlad will tell them to trawl the net. I have booked the Kingstork Resort, Holiday Street for us and they are charging 2000 per night and thats for a month.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: independant booking

Hi

Yes £590 pp for the flights and 800rps for the room.

Works out at £1390 for the 2 of us for 18 nights over Xmas