We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VFS and letters for children.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
VFS and letters for children.

Thank you to the people who helped me yesterday with the email address for VFS Global, I sent of an email to them asking -----

My daughter has two children their fathers name is not on the birth Cert.so I presume she will be counted as a single parent.The childrens father is dead so cannot give any permissionsbut we do have a death Cert.

I see you want a solisicitors letter and a letter from the child benifit office, but containing exactly what inrormation? so we can get the application right.( this was it in brief)

I have just got back this email(in full)

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that VFS nor its staff do not advise the applicants regarding the documents. It is the discretion of the applicant regarding the same.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Well that was helpful (NOT), has anyone got these letters done , if so , what info did you give ?,.I should have asked on the forum in the first place , we really do need to get these letters done,private life or not..

To top it all she is a Social Worker (in a hospital) and she needs a letter for that as well. Soon will be no room left in the envelope!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VFS and letters for children.

Well that was helpful then Vurdu!

There were several people last season who had to provide letters, etc. so hopefully you will get some help.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
979 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: VFS and letters for children.

Hi

You can sort of see their point.

There must be 101+ reasons why people cannot provide the items in a routine application.

Just imagine the complication of a full online form with a check box against every single possible eventuality for people to wade through...

Since India is the mother of all bureaucracies what they are wanting is something (= anything) in their files which absolves them of ANY responsibility in unforseen circumstances - court abduction proceedings etc etc etc.

Others who have done it can give specific success stories. In the absence of further information I would start with a letter-headed & signed solicitor's letter stating succinctly the outline facts of the particular situation.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VFS and letters for children.

Well it has helped me that I was given two email address's yesterday on the forum (right one or wrong one????) as I have had an answer from both.

The first answer I posted and was no help at all, but the second did tell me what VFS want to know from the solicitor, so was more helpfull.

I still do not know what they want to know from the child benifit office though , so if any one knows PLEASE let me know.

Not a lot of help forthcoming on this thread, and I really NEED to know. So where are you all the people who had these problems last year. Share what you know please.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VFS and letters for children.

Hi Vurda have you looked at the Visa sticky on HT or you may get something on India Mike?

5. Re: VFS and letters for children.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:16