We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finally booked

carly, france
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
finally booked

have booked with air india,never flown with them befor but were much cheaper than qatar also the ticlo was full so have booked the park avenue for six weeks.i don't know the hotel at all but as i walk with a stick it seems to be in the area i am used to and quiet central. so i am a bit scared of all these firsts especially of going on my own after thirty years of marriage,but the most scary thing is going to be crossing the road as i can't run.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finally booked

Know how you feel about the road steviweavi, as i can not run either , it can get bit scary at times can't it.

I am sure you will have a great time though. Can not help you about Air India have never flown with them.. Happy hols!!!!.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finally booked

Hi can't help with the Hotel but I've flown with Air India a couple of times. While they are not the best they are perfectly adequate fir the price. Leg room

Is fine food some ok some not so good but enough to pick at. IFE they do have a few British/American movies. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again if the price was right.

Good luck with the Roads and good for you in taking the plunge to go on your own hope you have a lovely time

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finally booked

The Park Avenue is quite near the TIclo,just past the Infanteria bakery,Baga rd. so you should be okay. When u going? Baga rd. is manic Xmas & New Year.... You can a;ways pop into Ticlo for a Meal., we may bump into you, we go 1st Dec.....Go & enjoy

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: finally booked

The Park Avenue isn't a bad hotel, some friends of ours stayed there a couple of times and said that the staff were very friendly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: finally booked

steviweavi

really pleased you've booked - when do you go? you will have a fab time. I met some people who stayed at the Park Avenue & they had no complaints, as you know the the area, it will be familiar to you.

Enjoy your hols...

Boo

carly, france
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: finally booked

thank you all for the positive comments;it is a big deal for me at fifty nine to go away on my own for the first time. i hope if i go over to the ticlo i might know someone from last year,if not there is always the red lion.if i manage ok on my own i might co for longer next year

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: finally booked

I'm sure you'll have a great time stevie & make new friends as well as meeting up with some familiar faces. Although I've never been to Goa on my own I've travelled to quite a few places solo & would certainly go to Goa on my own if the opportunity arose. It's worth it to escape from the UK winter for a few weeks, if nothing else.

8. Re: finally booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 02:17