We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 photos per person per stay

Inverness
Level Contributor
446 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
3 photos per person per stay

I have just received the following message from the wonderful guesthouse where we will be sipping the best gin and tonic in the world in 103 days time

"New Indian Government requirement.Upon registration in any boarding establishment – hotel, guest house,beach shack etc

Each guest must now provide three passport sized colour photographs.So if you are travelling a lot – bring plenty"

I am not sure whether that is indian visa size or british photo booth size as yet;either way for those of us that move around it is another expense.Just have to get to grips with that post on home printing for visa photos. Does anyone remember the reference?

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Get then done in Goa when you're there, it'll be cheaper.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

This is for the C forms. Size of photo won't matter.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

I am sure I've read somewhere they either need copies of your passport - rhe photo/info page or photos. So maybe worth everyone taking a few copies with you

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

I was told to bring three photos of the OLD size, plus a photocopy of my visa and the last page of my passport (the information page).

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Here is the link for resizing photos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJem_aLyHRU

Inverness
Level Contributor
446 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Thanks for the link Badgerlad. As we are staying in three different hotels this could cost us something like £15 each if we did them all in a photo booth.

However I have added a new resolution to my list.. before posting on anything check Bruahy's recent missives. I usually do read them but had totally missed the one giving a copy of the hotel form. Sorry Bruahy.

cardiff
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Hiya, we've never been before and booked through t cook, they rang us up to say the hotel needs a copy of the passport, but nothing said about taking photos with us

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Hi

I just posted a guide on printing your own visa and passport photos. Easy peasy to print off a dozen or so passport photos before you go, for about £2.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Is this not when you are staying in private residents houses / guest houses as the owner has to register you with the local police.

Never done this before staying in a main stream hotel!!??

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 photos per person per stay

Spoke to a couple of hotel owners today,and as far as they are concerned it's the same as usual for hotel guests.Just a copy of your passports,you don't need any other photo's so don't worry.I think iain is correct it's just for private accomodation.Everybody checking into a hotel has to have a C form,but this is filled out by the hotel/owners and NOT the guests.

John