We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E tickets?

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
E tickets?

Hi

Sorry this may sound like a really stupid question but flying with Thompson on 5th Dec and staying at the Marinha Dourada. I have had a email saying the tickets are going to be sent to me via email and are e tickets.

Is the proccess still the sane just print them off and take them to the airport? Sorry to ask not very good on the PC at all so would not like make a mistake

Thanks in advance for any help

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E tickets?

Yes, you do exactly that. Print them off and take them with you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E tickets?

Hi chris001c

Yes when the e mail arrives just print off the tickets from the mail.

Me & hubbie travelling to Egypt in November with Thomson's & got a mail yesterday explaining they've changed the way tickets are produced ;-( - a little disappointed as I liked the Thomson booklet with all the info in it!! Still suppose it's a cost cutting thing!

Have a fab time

Boo

Edited: 05 October 2011, 11:19
Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E tickets?

yes you can take a printout of the mail and just the E-ticket is enough to travel to anywhere in the world along with a valid passport and a visa

essex
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E tickets?

That's a shame. i also liked the little booklet as it had everything in one place, not pages and pages of printoffs. We are also staying at the MD, but not until Feb 5th :-(( Lxx

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E tickets?

They are presuming we all have a PC and a printer, I obviously have the PC but not the printer! So, this is a bit of a pain.

I liked their booklet too, although did not realise the ticket was actually inside it the first time!!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E tickets?

When you get the email with the e-tickets, could you email yourself at work (if you have access to a printer at work that is) and print them off.

This is obviously if you havent got a printer at home.

Ps , when i have travelled with Kingfisher they dont even ask for the e ticket, they just take your passport.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 21:31
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E tickets?

I like an E-ticket because you can print more than one copy. So, if in the unlikely event you lose your ticket, there's always another one!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: E tickets?

I assume if you book through an agent and dont have a printer the agent should print out the ticket for you! Some hope I know.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: E tickets?

I must admit I felt a little deflated when our email arrived. I used to look forward to receiving our tickets in a booklet with luggage labels.

It wasn't that long ago when your tickets came in a folder with a booklet on the area where you were going.

At least having an email means your tickets wont get lost in the post.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: E tickets?

Jet didn't check our etickets last year going out and the likes of Easy Jet etc never do but you will need them printed as you won't get inside an airport in India without them