We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postage Fees for Visa's & Checklist

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Postage Fees for Visa's & Checklist

Hi Guys,

I've nearly completed filling in our visa applications,with this being our first ever holiday in India it's first time we've ever had to fill one in.....a bit of a nightmare to say the least ! There's just a couple of things I'm not sure of which I'm looking for your help on,as follows:

1. On the "checklist" it gives a rundown of of the list of documents to send....immediately to the right is a square against each of the 7 things.....do I tick these boxes OR is for the VFS services to tick ?

2. I've payed the fee of 43.40gbp EACH per visa on the online payment site...but I've since realised that this does not include the DELIVERY SERVICE fee of 7.40gbp per application....so basically we still need to pay a total of 14.80gbp.

Can someone please tell me how I pay this amount ? Can I still pay it "online" or do I pay it at the post office when I go to post the Visa's ? any answers are gratefully received !

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postage Fees for Visa's & Checklist

Re the postage just put a Stamped Special Delivery envelope in for the return 2 passports per envelope and keep a record of the tracking number.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Postage Fees for Visa's & Checklist

HazyDavy

Have you really paid £43.20?

Visa cost is £30.00 + VFS Admin fee £10.20 + £2.00 Consular fee = £42.20.

Re the tick list, I ticked the ones that applied.

IIRC, it was the first 4 boxes.

You won't be able to pay the £14.80 at the Post Office as it's nothing to do with them, it's a courier service that VFS use.

As dreamingofgoa says, why nor just use a RM SDE for the return?

Make sure you address it and make a note of the number so you can track it.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Postage Fees for Visa's & Checklist

hi ,hazy,,so your paying,,101pounds 60 pence,all in for your visas,, doing it bye your self ,first timers,,,good luck,,...to get princevisa sirvices,,to do it for you with no probs,,for,,149poun 68 pence,, for the two,,,,so thats,47 pound 08 pence,more,for the two,visas ,, thats 23 pound.. 54,pence each,,,you pay them,,princevisa,, for them to do the visas for you,,,no stress,,,just wait for the postman to come,,know which i think is the best way,,,but you all got a choice,,to pay ,,or not to pay,, the visa man,, ,,good luck bye,,..,

Edited: 07 October 2011, 14:07
4. Re: Postage Fees for Visa's & Checklist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 05:18