We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Packing

How long before your holiday do you actually pack? I'm talking us ladies as you blokes tend to pack simply lol.

I used to pack like 3 weeks in advance, packing things like make-up and straighters obviously at the last minute. But now I generally pack the day before or even on the day, depending on the time of departure.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Packing

I couldn't pack everything 3 weeks in advance or I'd end up taking it all out again to double check I hadn't forgotten anything!

Make a list...simples.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Packing

I always do Tony but would still probably want to double check. I must check I've got the passports & tickets in my hand luggage at least twice on the way to the airport even though my bag hasn't been out of my sight - rolling eyes.

Inverness
Level Contributor
445 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Packing

Used to do it a week before but the cat gets so upset when the bags come out I now tend to put it off as long as possible. Last year she leapt into the drawer from which I was getting OH's summer shorts and refused to get out! Only bad bit of going is the guilt trip from herself. As you can see from my photo she has the evil eye !

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Packing

I do it ages in advance in fact started now gathering bits and bobs to pack...I have a huge check list so once its in thats it.

All the stuff is not going to get used in UK now its cold so its pretty safe to pack early.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Packing

we fly TC early doors so pack that evening

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Packing

Doesnt take me long to pack.........have you seen my checklist..........;-)

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Packing

I do all the packing for myself and OH .Then as you would expect, if it is missing , it is my fault. It is just not worth the hassle leaving him to do his own, he just likes to stand and look lost .( I could murder him) Start about 10 days ahead of my flight time. he does carry cases though!!!!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Packing

I do all the packing,pack half and half incase we loose a case,but my husband always wants to put his shoes in last just to crease my dresses! Mannequin parade to see if I can get in my dresses starts a week before and then I panic,what if none of them fit !!!!!!Tickets go on sale in 14 days time.lol***!!!!

blackpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Packing

My hubbie won't be packing anything, He is gonna have to wear it all because there is no room left in the cases, Ha Ha. He is going to be the bloke who looks like the michelin man at the airport.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Packing

One of my bags is packed with clothes for orphanage already!, and the others are part done> When i come back from hols. i wash clothes and they go straight into case, also soapbag gets restocked and back in .case , My cases are permenantly out as we go that often away.....only 51/2wks togo,lol