We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something new?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Something new?

Just had our tickets and there's a note with them that says:

<<Please be aware that the Indian Govt now require all Goa hotels to obtain 2 passport size photos of clients for their check-in procedure.

Please ensure that you take these with you otherwise your check-in at the hotel may be delayed.>>

Anybody else heard of this?

I remember reading a newspaper article at The Santana reception desk that photo ID is required for all guests (which of course is our passorts for us UKers) but this is news to me.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something new?

we gave the hotel copies of our passports last year

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something new?

So did we, lizzybetblue - but this seems to be saying you need 2 passport photos IN ADDITION to your passport.

From the wording, it seems to be something new.

It is a UK Tour Operator.

Edited: 20 October 2011, 15:07
warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something new?

oh well you get 4 from Asda and Tesco`s for £7

so we will already have spares

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something new?

And from next season anyone travelling to Goa over the age of 70 has to show a signed letter from both parents! Lol

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Something new?

Prettypollycat there was a simlar post a few days ago but referring to copy of passport required. Don't know if this is the same thing?

tripadvisor.co.uk/…36480979

Lol stalex!

Edited: 20 October 2011, 15:23
manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Something new?

Someone posted months ago that you had to have 2 photos to hand in at hotel reception...........

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,831 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Something new?

It is to accompany the form that you have always had to fill in when you check in. You now need two passport photos as well, and I'm fairly sure they have to be the OLD passport size, not the new 2 x 2.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,507 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something new?

I wonder what happens if you get there without them - are they going to turn you away? I'll have 2 spare photos from my visa but don't want to have to have ordinary sized photos taken as well, India are going to have more photos of me than my mother at this rate! I was going to take a couple of photocopies of my passport with me but didn't realise they'd need photos as well.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Something new?

PPC where HAVE you been PMSL.........;-)

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Something new?

I downloaded the forms that Brauhy posted a couple of weeks ago that you need for guest house registration, not sure if it's the same as the hotel one but they want three copies and a picture stuck on. It says on the form if a digital camera is not available then a copy of your passport page with the photo one can be attached.

I am going to stick a spare visa pic on one then just copy the form two more times. I also have a few copies of my passport with me just in case.

Just as well I work for a photocopier company!!!!'