We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airline strikes

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
airline strikes

couple of days ago somebody was slaging off TC and other charter airlines for the uncertainty of industrial action I bit my lip and didnt point out british airways now the headlines are quatar one of the main carriers to goa what a lot of people dont realise is if thomas cook strike only thomas cook passengers are affected but if you book schedule any number of airlines can affect your flight

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airline strikes

Whats your point ?

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airline strikes

It appear the Unions are scaremongering, I wouldn't worry!

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airline strikes

point is dosent matter who you book or fly with we all take the same chance as to weather we get there earlier in the week someone posted they would never fly charter again due to the thomas cook uncertainty and from now on only book schedule

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airline strikes

Qantas airlines who fly to austalia etc are the ones striking not Qatar airlines who fly to goa.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airline strikes

Although I wouldn't touch Thomas cook with a six foot pole! Nothing to do with strikes either!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airline strikes

And i agree with them.

How many posts have you seen complaining about time changes, date changes etc,of schedule airlines in the last couple of months ?

And how many about charter ?

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airline strikes

There is no chance of any middle eastern airline striking.

The employees are too scared of losing their jobs.

They have no union and virtually no rights.

Well paid the pilots may be but the cabin crew are desperate to keep their jobs.

This whole Quantas BA issue is caused by the fact that they are under so much pressure from non unionised carriers that they are starting to behave in the same way.

No pensions no sick pay etc etc.

You cannot blame these people for trying to protect their jobs.

Corporations all behave in the same way, Maximum profit and screw the workers.

Anyone who is working for a private company in the U.K will undertand what I am saying.

Hared times mean these corporations just screw the workers harder.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airline strikes

jipp,,,,you canot compere t/cook, and BRITISH AIRWAYS,,ect,, with emirates,qater,ect,,,and if t/ cook stop all there long hual flights,as has been said,,on the AIR TRAVEL forum by winter12/.2013,,monark and thomson will be the only charters going to goa,,,,,what wilth mon not all that well like,,and thomson prices being on the high side,,i tihnk a lot more will be going seg,,,maybe no choice the way things are going,,

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airline strikes

an I cancel and have a refund now if TC strikes

answered by TC Customer service agent

Hi

The staff will be back tomorrow.

The purpose of a strike ballot is not actually to go on strike (unless absolutely necessary) but to put pressure on the management to up the offer.

There hasn't been any decisions made yet so no one has any idea of if, and when, any strikes may be.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airline strikes

hi lizzy ,,if you read the post,,its likes been said THIS is not a vote to STRIKE,, its to see if the staff want to strike,,,like said its ,,a meeting to deside,, IF to have a strike ballot,,,not a must a,, IF ,,,big diff so better looking at the AIR TRAVEL forum, on thursday , to see what happened at the ballot....bye,,