We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Burton upon Trent...
3 posts
Save Topic
Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Me and my partner want to have a first time holiday over christmas & new year 2012/2013, thinking Goa but can not decide for sure. I know the weather will be great, but reading on here that it will be very very busy time to be there. If anyone has been at Xmas and can shed any ideas, thoughts really appreciate it.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Hi

I haven't been myself at Christmas new year, we are going for new year for the 1st time 29th December.

we love to go in Jan, feb, and November.

I have had friends go christmas and new year and it is very very busy!!

But they have loved it at that time of year,

Do some research, some resorts busier than others, you could maybe spend

Christmas and New year down at Agonda,

and come up North begining jan?

Mims

Edited: 10 November 2011, 13:38
Mentioned in this post
Agonda
Agonda
South Goa District, India
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,936 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

We flew out the day after Boxing day 2 years ago & stayed in Cavelossim & it wasn't too busy so that might be worth considering if you think north Goa would be too busy that time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
Goa
Goa
India
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Christmas and particularly New Year is crazy busy in Goa,

If you do not like crowds of people, perhaps another time of the year would be more appropriate for you!

Wolf

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

hi char,,,been going to goa,,sin,1996,,and had done a lot of xmass new years,,we are going to calangute this xmass/new year,,calangute ,baga,,cand,,will be very busy, these are the main resorts in the north of GOA, and have plenty going on..the SOUTH, the opp,,,the new year is ,when menny indians come from,, out of state, thay like the new year in goa very,,much,,its all the cheap beer,,its a lot more were thay live,, and the roads get well full,,,but that wont bother u,,,,u be haveing a good time on the beach,ect,,,the indians are good fun and like a good time,, EVERY one that comes to goa,,shoud do a new year if thay can,,its great, ,only prob is the flights get expen,,,if u like beach partys, lots of fireworks,,its a very big beach,,cal,baga,cand,all joind up,,so theres plenty of room, a lot going on in town town calangute t, bars karoke,,ect,,,,its realy good fun the best time in goa,,,,,the prices are still good,,,,,beer,,,about 70 pence for a big kingfisher.650 mill, try the old monk its a dark goan one,,very nice with coke,,, food ok,,,prices,,,more,ish on the beach but not to much,, ect,, prices DO not get put up for xmass and the new year,,as some seam to think,,,,so if u want fun,,and busy. but not to busy to stop u having a good time,, come to CALANGUTE u will not forget it thats for shore,..,,XMASS not to busy, the credit crunch stopping a lot of us foriners coming to GOA,,so xmass is more of a hotle party thing,,if u kow what i meen,, STILL GOOD going down to the beach on christmass day,,and chilling out,,,but come if YOU can,,,the new year,is the best u will ever have ,the, ONE IN CALANGUTE,, happy new year from goa,,thats for u if u dont make it,,,,,bye,,

Edited: 10 November 2011, 14:23
Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

mir the old monk i was on about is a dark goan RUM,,not a monk as such,,,dont whant u getting in a fix,,,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

It must depend on which resort, as I've been to Cavelossim / Mobor Beach loads of times over Christmas and it's been great. You get an increase of Indian visitors for a couple of days.

Mentioned in this post
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
Mobor Beach
Mobor Beach
162 Reviews
Salcette, India
Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Is it like it is at easter, because easter is chocoblock. You cant get about because of so much traffic

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Head south.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

Paulbtbs

New Year is 100 times busier then Easter!

It's complete chaos but, as Bazz says, Great fun!

Come on down!!

Wolf

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do we holiday in Goa over Christmas & New Year 2012/2013 or

We have been many times to the south and I would never call it 'crazy' or overcrowded. theres always space to eat and sit on the beach.

The raods are not to bad for scootering around and all you want to see is open and stil not busy. Its totaly different to the North.

We like an empty beach but places to eat and thats what we get, even on Mobor beach you can move 50 yards either dirrection and be totaly alone.

Mentioned in this post
Mobor Beach
Mobor Beach
162 Reviews
Salcette, India