We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Mumbai Trip

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Mumbai Trip

Did flights from Goa to Mumbai (06:50 dep, 07:50arr), stayed over night at Garden Hotel Coloba (short walk to Gateway of India) returned next day (22:10dep, 23:00arr). Did the 'slum tour' with Reality Tours (booked in uk, pay in India after tour). Next day went to Elephanta Island, visited the caves, very interesting. Cost wise, Mumbai wasn't as expensive as we'd thought, especially if you check out a few menus. The flights (booked on internet in UK) were with GoAir and £60 return (there is much cheaper but we wanted early flight out, late back). Hotel again booked internet UK was £93 for a suite for 3 of us inc breakfast (there is much cheaper available). All in all an unforgetable experience, any questions please ask. G

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

You enjoyed Mumbai then Glenn. Was it easy to get around? Did you get taxi's from airport, etc or did you use public transport?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

Hi Yorkie, our pick up was included in 'slum tour' but going back, bearing in mind we were a fair way from the airport it was 500 rupees which for nearly an hours journey I didn't think was bad. The traffic was chaos lol. The hotel was central for what we wanted to do/see. Would recommend Elephanta Island but to see the caves with the carvings (which is the point of going) it's a quater mile 'trek' uphill/steps.

Fraserburgh
Level Contributor
101 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

Hi Yorkie

Can you tell me who you booked this trip to Mumbia through? We have visited India many times but never spent any time in Mumbia and thats something I would love to do.

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

Glad you enjoyed Mumbai Eastyorkshire. Youve gave me ideas for my couple of days in Mumbai

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

Hi Grant, don't know if you mean me or Glenn. We have just booked flights and a hotel on Makemytrip.com . Hotel we booked in Churchgate , south Mumbai, as it's close to all the main attractions. Also I'd have a quick look on the Mumbai forum , for more info.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

Grant - sent you a message pal.

Just a word of caution..... they do pony and highly decorated cart trips from near Gateway of India, It's a lovely way to see a bit of night time Mumbai but ensure when you ask the price you ask PER PERSON as they will try and say price they told you was each. They tried that on with us but being a Yorkshireman it didn't wash but spoke to others who'd had the same trick played and paid!!.

Yorkie - you'll love it!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

Thanks for the warning re the horse and carts, it is the kind of thing you could easily fall for if feeling a little jet lagged. I am off to Mumbai next month , before going on to Goa, we are going to do the slum tour too, what size group did they have going around the slums, did you feel it was a worthwhile experience ? Thanks

Edited: 21 November 2011, 20:32
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

The pony thingies are called 'Victorias'. Why are they called so? Well, your guess is as good as mine...lol

So glad you enjoyed Mumbai! How about the food? Did you get to taste any local stuff?

Shirley,

Do pop in in the Mumbai forum and give a search for 'slum tours' and you'll get answers for most of your queries...Hope you have fun in Mumbai!

9. Re: Back from Mumbai Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 10:24