We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Hi,

I applied for an indian visa in person at the 29th Nov 2011, my visa is ready to collect since the 1st Dec 2011 - I am a uk passort holder. My wife who is canadian and has been here for 1.5 years had to fill in the extra non uk passport holder form with £10 fee. We applied for the india visa at same time hers is currently still in process. Has any non uk passort holder recently got their visa? How long did it take to get from arriving at visa office to being ready to collect?

We have booked flights already for the 8th of Dec 11 so really hoping hers gets done before the quoted 15 days processing time!

113 replies to this topic
Bucks
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Hi, I hold an Irish passport and likewise had to complete addition form and pay £10 extra. I brought mine to London application centre on 23rd Nov and received mine back in the post today

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

I hold a German passport and all I did was giving them proof of address for the past 2 years. Didn't pay extra fee and collected my passport 3 working days later

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Hi Jas927,

I'm currently in the same situation and would be happy, if you can share with us how long it took to finally get the visa for your wife.

Thanks and good luck!

London
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Hi, I am a French citizen and provided them with a couple of bills which proved that I have been living in the UK for more than one year and this meant that I didn't have to pay the extra £10. My application was processed at the same time as my OH, he dropped the application off on a Friday afternoon and he collected our passports on the Tuesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

London
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Yes, what a pain!!!

And actually to prove you have been here for at least two years is so difficult!. You can actually prove you've been here between 2 and 2.1/2 years but no more!!

I was closed to end up applying for the referral, after desperately looking for bills (I tend to do an annual clear up) but the minimum processing time of 8 days put me off.

So I would say between 1 and 2 weeks?

Good luck!

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Has anyone got any more recent experiences? I am a German passport holder and want to apply in Manchester - flight is planned for 10th November, does that give me anough time?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

It will be fine if you will go to Manchester office not send it to them. It takes aroud week. Dont worry

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Thank you very much, Sao84. And this definitely goes for non-UK passport holders, living here for less than 2 years, yes? (Sorry I'm just very worried about this! ;)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

According to VFS website, it says this:

<<

Applications in the following categories may take longer to be processed:

Non-UK passport holders residing in the UK for less than two years. (Minimum 10-15 working days). >>

so I think you are on a very tight timescale and can't afford your application to be rejected for any reason.

I'd start right now.

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time

Thanks Prettypollycat. That's exactly what I read and that's why I'm worried. ;) I am definitely planning to go and apply today.

I was just wondering whether anyone has any personal experience of whether it actually takes that long or longer/shorter. Anyone??

Reply to: Non UK passport holder indian visa processing time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Goa