We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do i start

odinslad
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where do i start

Spoke to my future wife tonight & are looking at getting married end of year & going to goa for our honeymoon roughlt in jan 2013 , i am asking if anyone knows the best way of when to book flights this autum , mid summer or just wait to last minaute , & also what would be the recomended airline to go with ? We are looking at leaving from either manchester or london but looking for advice before we book up.

We are also looking at where is best to stay over their as we have heard so much aboutthe place we would be greatful to any advice from our freinds in tripadvisor thanks .

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where do i start

Qatar from Manchester.

Go on Kayak and sign up for fare alerts if you are very lucky about june or july the price will drop to around £470 per person.

Book at that price and search for Guesthouse accomodation on this forum.

Due to tax increases it will no doubt increase next year.

Kayak fare alert saved us £400 this trip.

And of course holding our nerve till the price came down

manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where do i start

i just had a quick look at different websites , ended up getting 2 wks b&b thru thomas cook for just over £500 eachwith 3 evening meals thrown in , bookedlast yr , mind u it shot up by £200 each within a day or so , ive seen some gud deals in the sunday papers ror last minute hols , id just keep looking & book when u see something thats reasonable

odinslad
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where do i start

thanks very mutch for info

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where do i start

Read as much about Goa as you can over the next few months.

A good start is the box to the right of the the page marked......... "Top Questions About GOA ?".

Click on questions that interest you, lots of info in their, maybe start with "Where to stay north or south ?".

The south is much quieter than the north, i think that would be the first thing to decide for your stay.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where do i start

Some good info on this post about flights to get you started.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k5…

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where do i start

Forgot to mention if you can get to London as easy as Manchester, choose London. Qatar charge around £100 less . As for resorts to go to it's all down to what you like personally. If you DIY it's also possible to split your time between North (Lively) and South Goa. Plenty of threads on here to get info. You could also be romantic and inclued a Trip to see the TajMahal and Delhi ( cost this year to DIY around £200 each) again plenty of info on here.

Congratulations and Best Wishes for the wedding.

odinslad
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where do i start

Once again a big thank you for info so quickly , have a good new year & all the best for 2012

8. Re: where do i start

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 10:19