We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying for Visa

London, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Paying for Visa

Hi

I just went all the way through filling the online visa form in for my hubby and pressed for a print of it, I thought the site would take me automatically for payment online but it didn't! I have a horrible feeling I've done something wrong! I wanted to post our visa applications. Can anyone adivse please!

London, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying for Visa

ps I'm sure you can get back into the Paying for your Visa' part, maybe that part of the site is down?

Oxfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying for Visa

This happened to me. I couldn't work out how to pay online after printing and ended up getting a postal order, which is a pain as you pay a 12% fee to the post office.

england
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying for Visa

There is a tab shaded ot area in the middle of the page that says" make an appointment" strangely enough this leads you to the payment page..... Only took me about 4 hours to work that one out....

Good luck

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying for Visa

Don't send a bankers draft or postal order!!! I had the same problem with the online payment so paid 12 pound for a bankers draft and sent it off. My application came back MINUS the bankers draft for us to sign something we hadnt done. When I resubmitted they rang me and said I hadn't paid the fee!! When I explained they said to pay over the phone to get it processed and then apply for a refund. I am STILL in a dispute with them as although I have sent them proof of postage and my bank statement showing the amount they are telling me I need to ask MY bank to prove Hayes have encashed it. What a joke! My next snotty letter to them is going to include legal action through a small claims court. Oh and when I do get my refund I'm gonna demand they pay me by bankers draft as I don't accept cheques!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying for Visa

DKirby

I remember your earlier posts about the many problems you'd had with your visa.

Do you have your visas now?

Are you saying that the Banker's Draft been cashed but Hayes aren't convinced it's been cashed by them?

I thought only the payee (which presumably was VFS) can cash one.

Have you complained about the Banker's Draft problem through the VFS website?

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/feedback.html

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paying for Visa

Hi Prettypolly yes we have our visas now but we had to submit another payment though. Yes I thought a bankers draft was a secure payment form. When they rang me after the resubmission to suggest I pay again they said I would need to ask my bank to prove Hayes encashed it. I went to my bank and they said it was ludicrous my bank statement IS proof! So I wrote to Hayes (from the info off the link on vfs) and sent a copy of the bank statement and the postage ref number. Low and behold they email me and say the reference number on the bank statement for the draft is too short and should be an 8 digit number. They've requested I get a copy of the draft ??? And AGAIN to ask the bank to prove the cheque has been encashed by them. I keep going round in circles so will have no choice but to threaten them with court action. Hey but Goa will be worth it and at least its keeping me busy to help the time go by!!! Thanks for your help.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paying for Visa

Glad you're at least sorted with your visas, DKirby.

I would seriously think about complaining through the link I gave you.

You could always mention that you will be taking legal action against them if they don't refund you.

And you're right - Goa WILL be worth it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paying for Visa

DKirby - did you ever get your money back?

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paying for Visa

Yes!! After about 4 months of email ping pong and my last one threatening to seen legal action I received a cheque for the full amount no other comms or apologies. It pays to be persistent!

Thanks and sorry I didn't update.

berko
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paying for Visa

Hi How long did visa take after all this hassle you had and I am a bit confused, I understand I fill in online and pay on line then print it all off send application with two photo's each and passport then hey presto should get it back in post can you send both passports in one special delivery envelope and then send two for the return or do you have to pay them to send back to you.