We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who do you normally book with

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
who do you normally book with

which travel agent does the best deals to Goa, which one would you use??

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who do you normally book with

I have used Thomas cook and Thompson both ok.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who do you normally book with

I wouldn't actually go into a travel agent I just search online with Cosmos, Monarch Holidays, Directline Holidays, Direct Holidays, Olympic Holidays and Thomsons although the last 2 are pricey compared to the others. You may also look at the option of DIY with flights from Qatar for example andf finding somewhere to stay onlinr too. Good luck

Kent England
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who do you normally book with

I think you find its not who you book with its when you book, If you look at the main 3 travel companys there prices tend to be pretty much the same. I have found that over the last few years if you book early the prices are about the same as the previous season . If you leave it untill lets say Sept or Oct the prices seem to shoot up. Hope this helps

Ray

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: who do you normally book with

First time to Goa its best to Go on a package. After getting to know the place and see what you want its better going DIY. You can save abit too if you keep looking at Airline prices. Some great deals this year through QATAR Airlines in there sale

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who do you normally book with

It's hard to say which travel company is best as they vary from year to year and hotel to hotel. We now travel independently but on our first trip 3 years ago we used Olympic. Some like Jewel in the crown, Direct Holidays, Holiday supermarket, etc. Have a shop around. One day one is cheaper the next another and it's the same for flight only deals too.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 13:41
south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who do you normally book with

thanks for the replies very helpful

essex
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: who do you normally book with

Hi, If you do book a package I wouldn't recommend an AI unless it's the same price as B&B as you will find that there isn't as much choice on food and some charge extra for 'western' food. Lx

Edited: 20 January 2012, 13:52
south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: who do you normally book with

wouldnt do AI unless in Europe, we like to get out and about, usually cheaper to do that out of Europe thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who do you normally book with

Sunny - I've found over the last three or 4 years that its best to book very early (12 months in advance) to get the best package rates. The main operators (Monarch/Cosmos, Thomas Cook) also tend to reduce their prices around June / July then they progressively increase.

I've arranged to go independently this winter which gives me the benefit of local flights from Newcastle and it works out about £300 pp cheaper than a package as I don't have the cost of travel and overnight stay at Manchester.

Ian

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
494 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who do you normally book with

We book with Global Holidays - internet - we got £200 discount for December 2012.