We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is going on with flight prices?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What is going on with flight prices?

Xmas 2010 we (eventually) flew with Thomson and our flights were just over £1,000 each

Whilst we were in Goa we spoke to a smashing couple and found out that they had paid just over £600 each flying with Qatar

Xmas 2011 we booked with Qatar and paid just over £620 each, bargain, excellent service and we found the stop over in Doha was a nice break

Just looking to book flights this evening and Thomson direct flights are £879 and Qatar, with a stop over in Doha, are £1,023!

Checked Opodo and Qatar and both are showing flights over a £1,000 each but with shorter stop overs than the price comparison site

Just gobsmacked!

Really thought that we had broken away from the direct flights and were quids in but . . .

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

Same here, booked Qatar as soon as available last year £620. This year looking at over a thousand for 11 months time. Maybe it's so they can have a sale later with massive reductions ?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

We have booked with KLM, we are flying into Delhi, but its a great excuse to spend a few days there, doing "golden triangle", then onto Goa. I couldn't believe the prices of flights at the moment, but a bit of tweeking and I have managed to get the flights for £420 each.

Admittedly, this doesn't include the flight from Delhi to goa, but I have booked those seperatley with cleartrip for less than £100...

I think its just a case of keep looking....

Susie.x

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

Cheers for that susieque, just been on KLM and no dates coming back in January :-((

Yorkietourer is it worth the gamble?

We watched the prices going up and up last year and the good stop over times disappearing

Oh decisions, decisions, shall we look at Thailand?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

Got to risk waiting.£1000 is far too much. It's either the sales or another route to Goa. Earlier This year Finnair did Delhi for £320 for our dates in Jan/Feb. It means traveling for longer but whats a few hours against a £500 plus saving. A case of exploring all avenues and booking when the price is right for you. I'll hope Qatar have a sale again, they've had 3 this year so chances are they'll have more.

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

Charter companies are offering silly prices for flight only.

I can do BA ...Newcastle/ Heathrow.....Kingfisher...Mumbai/Goa 590 return, but keeping options open for a Qatar sale with decent connection times.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

Linda , I would have a change and try Thailand, it's gorgeous

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

Yes I agree with Shirley, had a fab time in Thailand. Cheap as well.

8. Re: What is going on with flight prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:44