We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Flew out from Manchester yesterday afternoon on the Monarch flight via Kuwait. It started snowing about half an hour before we were due to leave and was coming down pretty heavily, but apart from a slight delay due to waiting for them to de-ice the plane! we were off, leaving the cold weather behind us.

As promised by Jewel In the Crown we were issued with our complimentary headsets and comfort packs on board the plane. The dinner served was almost identilcal to the dinner we had last year, chicken with veg and potatoes, dessert, cheese and biscuits and fruit. Last year we had lemon mousse this year it was the Lily O Brien's chocolate caramel pot which I love - and even better OH doesn't so I had two :-) The stopover in Kuwait wasn't too bad, I read my magazine and the hour passed fairly quicly. The majority of people were stood up or walking around onboard to stretch their legs. Agree with previous posters that it was very warm on board whilst the plane was on the ground. I think the 'upgraded' meal must have been on the Kuwait/Dabolim sector as we were served with a hot breakfast and I'm sure last year it was continental.

Arrived at Dabolim and didn't find the airport too bad. Managed to find our suitcases without any help from the porters and paid 798rp for the taxi to Cavelossim. Despite being assured that the taxi would have seat belts, when we got in the car the seat belts were not functioning. Now if it had been up to me I would have take londonraffle's advice and asked for another taxi but OH told me not to make a fuss so I settled down and 'enjoyed' the journey and we arrived in Cavelossim in one piece. The first person we saw was Roman the barman who came rushing over to show us his new tattoo of his mum and dad. He laughed off my questions about early closing and lack of alcohol and assured me that there were plenty of breezers for tonight (phew) but OH would have to drink something else as there was no Kings.

Our room in Luciana's was ready and waiting (if a bit dusty though a few baby wipes soon rectified that) so we unpacked and went off to see Ja'i at Ja'i International to change some money. Today's rate in Cavelossim was 76.5 and it was lovely to see Ja'i again and partake in some refreshment with him.

Still feeling a bit zombie like after the lack of sleep we headed for the beach catching up with the beach sellers who remembered us from last year. Didn't want to walk too far today so plonked ourselves down outside Win Win's shack and went for a catch up with Edwin. The shack is in a different position from the past few years as it's down the bottom end of the beach next to GGs. It was a glorious Goan day with a lovely breeze that meant I discarded the umbrella after the first hour. Think I must have nodded off after lunch as the next thing I heard was OH's voice asking what time it was and it was already 4.30. There were very few sellers on the beach and not once was I asked if I wanted my nails doing. We did see the tourist police on the beach which probably explains this.

Walked back down the lane to the Mobor Beach hotel marvelling at the sunshine and beautiful blue sky when this time yesterday we were in a snowy Manchester Airport. We saw a pig snuffling round close to the half built bungalows behind the Mobor Beach and a couple of lads seemed to be tidying up the vegetation but the bungalows look like old ruins now - it's hard to believe they were only started a few years ago. The Radisson Blu looks very impressive now that it's finished and we will pop in for a nosey in the next few days.

Think it will be a curry at Goan Village tonight, washed down by a couple of breezers :-) There doesn't seem any shortage of alcohol in the shops in Cavelossim though I might buy my bottle of honey bee on the way back just to be prepared. Unfortunately I left my thermometer at home so there won't be any temperature readings on this trip - you'll have to make do with 'hot'!

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Hi Gemma, welcome to Cavelossim I bet you are pleased to be here at last. Don't worry I won't br stalking you in Goan Village tonight I will let you settle in first. Have a great time.

Al

Oh nearly forgot Seapearls is the other side of the Ramada this year.

fleetwood
Level Contributor
432 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Great report Gemma looking forward to the next installment. (have sent you a pm)

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Gemma! What a lovely initial chapter,keep um coming! Can picture it all from your descriptions,really can.5 wks til zoom for me and can't wait! Xx

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

I am back there in my minds eye....lol

Great to hear from you and keep the reports comming...say hi to Jaan if you see him...(admiring my latest aquisition as I type ...lol)

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Hi Gemma glad you arrived safely and everything is as it should be.It's been a lovely sunny day here but can't tell you temp cos not looked but I've been outside and not had a coat on(silly me I can here you all saying)but it's not been a warm as we're you are.Hope you got the Honneybee sorted. Have a wonderful time choc

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
915 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Enjoyed reading your report so much Gemma. Still not booked as OH is dragging his feet but you are making me want to book up even more. Tell Jaan Hi from Mary and Peter not sure yet if we will get over but will be sure to look him up if we do. Keep them coming Gemma GREAT

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post Gemma, glad to hear you arrived safe.

No thermometer???? We'll have to do with Hot, Very Hot and Kin Hot,

Have a honeybee or 3 for me ;o)

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Hi Gemma many thanks for taking the time to write your reports.makes me fill like i'm still there. :)) Gel

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Gemma - What's the weather like..........................???? PMSL!!

Enjoy.

Blues xxxx

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi from Cavelossim 2012

Great to hear from you Gemma, how did the taxi driver work out 798 rupees? Couldn't he round it up to 800 lololol

Have a fantastic time and keep us updated xxxxxxxxxxxx