We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay including a bit of variety

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay including a bit of variety

My wife and I are considering a week or so in Goa in July/Aug to celebrate our 40th Anniversary.

Our ideal holiday is to experience the comfort and facilities of a 4/5 star hotel and enjoy a quiet relaxing day in the sun either at the beach or pool. Maybe we include a trip on one of the days.

However, in the evenings, we very rarely eat or drink in the hotels. We always prefer to walk to the nearest restaurants and maybe a local bar to enjoy the local food, local culture and relaxed atmosphere etc.

Would really appreciate some advice on the best locations, best weather and best hotels that can offer the above.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay including a bit of variety

It's the middle of the Monsoon in July so for the type of holiday that you want I would look elsewhere

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay including a bit of variety

Thanks for the quick response. Just checked the weather forum and I think you're right.....look elsewhere!!

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay including a bit of variety

Yes Glnn, it will be middle of monsoon, but Goa is actually a fun place during the monsoon, there are limited places open, but the ones that are offer a great service, you also don't have the hassle that comes with the tourist season. If you don't mind a little rain, you might have a fun anniversary.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay including a bit of variety

goahappydays

"a little rain".........in July?

Are you kidding? It will be flooding!

Wolf

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay including a bit of variety

Mr wolf. we never have flooding in Goa, its just that the summer rivers appear. I have to admitt the last three July's have not been too bad, heaviest rains have been in August.

Its silll a great place to be during Monsoon.

6. Re: Where to stay including a bit of variety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 10:21