We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

The Government of Goa, as part of its election manifesto has announced that all taxis in Goa will be fitted with Speed Inhibitors.

For passengers using the front seat, an extra brake pedal will be fitted that wil over rule the drivers pedals, for those in the rear two house bricks will be provided with the aim of getting the drivers attention.

The spokesman stated "We even considered fitting fare meters as has been demanded for many years by visting tourists, but that idea had to be rejected on compasionate grounds' The spokesman, "How the hell could I sell this idea to my father, my uncle Fernando and all my cousins, all of whom are honest law abiding taxi drivers".

A spokesman for the opposition conclured with the above stating "How could I ask my brothers to agree to such draconian measurers, these bloody tourists ask for too much, next they will be asking us to keep the vehicles serviced and safe for their use".

More elections promises to follow.

Travel Photography Walking Tours of Goa by Francisco de Souza
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
KOKOindia
Sightseeing Tours
The Bicycle Trip
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
HoHo Goa
Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

PMSL good one

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

love it

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

Nice one - ROFL

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

This would have been included in the Top Gear Christmas Special, but the crew were not sure if the Indians would have a sense of humour.

Comments please.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

:) Classic!!!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

ANOTHER MANIFESTO -

that says that it has been observed that tourists

from Eastern Bloc refuse to pay and Brits tend to ask for discount by bargaining hard in already moderate fares of taxi in Goa. If the opposite party wins, they will compensate taxi drivers for their income leakages during the season and pay unemployment benefits during off season.

7. Re: Goa taxis to be fitted with speed inhibitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:22