We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

india trains

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
india trains

trying to book tickets on line for indian trains so far I have found 4 sites that tickets can be booked on but all need a indian mobile phone number the only site that will accept a booking from the uk is cleartrip it is also the only site that dosent show the train I need to book

nobody will answer emails

anybody got any ideas

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: india trains

Hi Jipph1,

Which train you are looking for and what is the destination. I remember from one of the posts that you wish to go to Karwar during dry spell in Goa. Am I right? I have also become a Goa Forum addict, if not Goa addict. (LOL)

Sanjiv

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: india trains

hi sanjivmulye

we want to book train number19260 thvm -kawr Monday 5 march and 56640 kawr-mao Tuesday 6 March

this is the only site we can book trains From the UK

http://www.cleartrip.com/trains

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,431 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: india trains

Try cleartrip at Indian office hours. Might show your train. In any event, you can always get tickets after you reach here. First Class AC or AC II Tier will likely be available.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: india trains

just tried again now still dont show on cleatrip there on make my trip, yatra and the india raleways site but not clear trip I have tried to contact them but wont answer any questions

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: india trains

You might find the notes on here useful

seat61.com/…20outside

Southall
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: india trains

jipp, i had the same issue (different trains) 2 years ago. I just gave 100rups to one of the bar men at my hotel and he sorted out the tickets for me! how i have no idea! Could be a good back up plan?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: india trains

Hi Jipph1,

First I also spent half an hour to find out and I too could not get proper results. So I called cleartrip office on the following numbers -

+91 22 41300300 (standard STD / local charges apply)

1860 233 9000 (Local Call from anywhere in India)

Cleartrip

Unit No 001, Ground Floor, DTC Bldg,

Sitaram Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg,

Delisle Road,

Lower Parel (E)

Mumbai - 400011

They advised me that if the tickets are not available for a particular train through a certain quota allotted to cleartrip.com then, even if that train is shown on irctc site, the same may not be shown on cleartrip site. Hence you are not able to see those trains.

They suggested me that they can book on irctc.co.in site and can pay in foreign currency.

So you may try irctc.

Hope this helps.

Sanjiv

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,431 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: india trains

Sanjiv,

As far as I know irctc site does not accept foreign credit/debit cards, only cleartrip does among the portals.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: india trains

I asked the cleartrip people and they said that irctc accepts it. Now we cannot check it from here, hence I suggested you may try that from there.

Sanjiv

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: india trains

hi sanjivmulye

I have tried irctc the trains I want are available to book but the web site will only accept a indian mobile number I cannot create an account to book the tickets same applies to make my trip and yatra cant use my uk number to create an account