We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Goa next week!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Goa next week!!

Heading to Goa next week....no plans at all, will be meeting a friend out there for three days and then have another 4 days with no plans...any advice on where to stay etc?!

Thank you!!!!

Arlandastad, Sweden
Level Contributor
410 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

North or south and budget please

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

A bit of both I think! On a budget so can't spend a lot but want to see and do as much as possible!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

A bit of both I think! On a budget so can't spend a lot but want to see and do as much as possible!

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

lots of basic cheap accom available in the north at the moment.... Baga, Calangute, Candolim...... Basic room from 400 rupees a night.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

Ok great - are they safe in general? Is it easy to travel around the island?

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

You do realise that Goa is not an island !!!

John

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

Thats quite a common misconception about Goa! When I told my x-work colleagues about going to Goa, quite a few of them said, "oh the island off India somewhere?

And yes, its as safe as anywhere. Use common sense and you'll be fine. Remember as a lady, if you wear clothes that reveal certain areas, then you will attract the attention of the Indian men.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

Yes - sorry! Thanks all....

Im excited so looking forward to exploring it. Would you recommend taking travellers cheques with you or just cash - been told cash points are not always close by to some beach places.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

Anna I always take travellers cheques to Goa. There are plenty of places to change them & I've never been charged. You will need to take your passport with you the first time you change them.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to Goa next week!!

Hi..

I've planned my first ever trip to goa from the 7th - 11th march. Made a conscious effort to avoid the silly alcohol bans etc. In fact ended up paying $100 more for the tickets for my new dates.

Now my question is... I hope it wil be worth it.. my concern is that on some hotel websites i see march second week as off season. YOu guys seem to be frequent visitors.. any comments/ suggestions?

Also.. we're planning to stay in north goa.. and my idea of fun is chilling at the beach with a bottle of beer and enjoying some good food. At night - I would like to get a feel of the goa nightlife.. im going with my boyfriend and 2 friends. Hope the shacks etc will be open.. and goa will be all that i've heard of for all these years? :)