We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Dear fellow travellers...

Help!

Can anyone tell me where to catch a bus from Mumbai International Airport to Goa? I will be landing at the Mumbai International terminal next weekend. How far is the bus terminal from the International Airport. I have looked at internal flights but the waiting time is too long so thought I just get on a bus/coach to Goa.

Many thanks...

Zemira

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Goa
Goa
India
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

No terminal just lots of pick up points, an easy one to connect with is santa Cruz, its ten minutes in a taxi from the airport, and the buses pick up from the side of the western expressway.

Have you booked yet.

What time you arrive Mumbai.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Sorry cant help re the buses but before you book have you looked at the time the buses take it will be at least 12 hours if not longer the train is the the same. It will be quicker waiting for an internal flight.

Have a great holiday

milton keynes
Level Contributor
787 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

hi, we got advice in the airport where someone organised ataxi with the address for us.

it's a long uncomfortable journey though and i would reccomend trying the train which you can book through cleartrip

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Hi there..

I arrive in Mumbai International 3am next Sunday...

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Your best method of travel will be by flight, earlist bus leaves 3pm in the afternoon, you could catch the 07.10 train from dadar to Goa, but can't guarantee what class of travel you would get.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Great thanks...I think I will have another look at internal flights. Can I book a flight from the domestic terminal or shall I just book from the UK. Also just in case where do I book train tickets online?

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Have just checked the system for you, only resonable wait list is for 3AC currently showing as wait list 11, try either make my trip, or cleartrip, both accessible from uk, but you will need someone in India mobile number.

If you are flying down you will have to transfer from the International terminal to the domestic, there is a free bus, if you have your domestic ticket booked in advance.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 15:03
Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Apologies one last question there is a flight leaving for Goa at 5.20am but I land in Mumbai International at 3am. How long does it take to transfer to the domestic terminal??

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Sorry but it will be very tight, average clearance time from touch down to getting through customs about 90minutes, then you got to get across to domestics, and then recheck in your baggage.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling by bus from Mumbai International to Goa

Who are you flying into India with.

Mentioned in this post