We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Certificate

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Certificate

Hello

We got married 14th February this year on Cola Beach after doing all the formalites at Mapsa Court .

We were promised the certificate before we flew home by our wedding planner (who shall remain nameless !) but after many excuses we srill haven't had it.

Does anyone know - is this length of time normal / unreasonable ? I know things move at a slower pace over there but it's nearly 2 months since our court appearance.

Please advise

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Certificate

I don't think you have any alternative but to harass the wedding planner in every way you can think of to try and get the certificate. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but friends of ours who did the same in Mapusa in 2000 had to return the year later to go and physically pick the certificate up!! Why don't you name them as it may help if other people have had similar problems with them in the past and they may be able to advise. Best of luck Susanne

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Certificate

Thankyou for your suggestion

I have been hounding them but I think they're now busy with other weddings & since they've already been paid we've gone to the bottom of the list !

We shall be going back next year - but hopefully won't have to wait that long to change my name

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Certificate

Apart from that I bet it was a fantastic day on Cola beach with some great pics. By the way we got married in church in Goa in 1999.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Certificate

<I don't think you have any alternative but to harass the wedding planner in every way you can think of to try and get the certificate.>

I agree with St. Alex. Call them up and make their life miserable. The certificate comes through in about 15-20 days max.

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Certificate

When we got married in 2003 we had to go to the court in Mapusa followed a couple of days later by a visit to the Register Office, also in Mapusa.

We received a temporary certificate within a couple of days and then the official cert was sent to us about a month later.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Certificate

Some great info again here guys...

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Certificate

They should have handed you both a certified copy of your marriage licence at the time the foramilties were conducted and a seperate copy of the marriage certificate, sent within 15 days of the civil service or any religious service which is often conducted after the granting of the licence.

I would not wait a year to pick up he docuements as if the orginals go astray it can be hell getting copies done, and you may spend days and a lot of rupees chasing around getting the authorities to do what you require.

If you pm me, the details of your planner, I will pay them a visit in early May, (I'm in Mumbai until the 6th May) and pick up your certificates and forward them to you in the UK. It would be worth while, telling them you have someone in the local community who will give them some hassle if you docuements are not forwarded to you within the next fourteen days.

John.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Certificate

Yes, it was amazing

We had the whole beach to ourselves - just us & or 2 friends !!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Certificate

Any news Susanne?

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,165 posts