We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goa via heathrow

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
goa via heathrow

Has anyone flown with British Airways, we usually fly with Qatar but the prices are through the roof at the moment for Xmas/New Year, just wondered how the airline compares to Qatar, leg room, etc,

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: goa via heathrow

Tried BA some years ago, no complaints at all.

You could also try Jet - they're great IMO!

Wolf

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goa via heathrow

I also like Jet .very easy when you come to the second leg, if your domestic flight is also with them.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goa via heathrow

I don't like BA, they think they are doing you a favour letting you on the plane,Have been on several BA flights and always had problems getting a glass of water or a cup of coffee, they even gave me Airmiles after a bad flight, there still sitting in my draw, i have heard Jet are good, we use Qatar now, they are really good.:)) Gel

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: goa via heathrow

Well, I've flown with BA three times to Mumbai and they've been fine each time. I was a bit reluctant to fly with them the first time as my last long-haul experience with them was to Jakarta and it was possibly the most miserable flight of my life. However, in the 12 years or so in between, they seemed to have pulled their socks up quite a bit. Service was excellent, seats comfortable, entertainment second to none, food edible (actually quite nice), check in easy.

Until recently their onward partner in India was Kingfisher, so if you want to book through flights to Goa, I'm not sure who they will be partnering with when Kingfisher is no longer with us.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goa via heathrow

LGG thats good to know, might try them again if the price is right. we haven't used them for several years, so its good to know they have improved.:)) Gel

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: goa via heathrow

Flight to Jakarta was on a very cramped 747. Flights to Mumbai are on much newer, quieter, roomier 777s.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: goa via heathrow

LGG thankyou for the info.:)) Gel

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: goa via heathrow

To get back to the question!!!

The main point here has already been mentioned. Who flies you to Goa from Mumbai. If its Kingfisher I am not sure as to how they are managing flights at the moment. As to what will happen with them next season, who knows. Who has responsibility for that leg of your trip. Where will your money be going when you pay for the flight. What happens if KF goes belly up. What about your travel insurance. I bet BA will not be responsible for that part of the flight. Are you buying from a flight provider who just stictches flights together from two different airlines.

So this is the part of the deal that you need to be looking at.

As to leg room and all the rest, I cant imagine BA will be better than Qatar.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: goa via heathrow

The last two times I've flown with BA, whisperer 1, I have just booked the domestic flights independently. Last year I flew down with Indigo, back with GoAir and this year down with Spice Jet and back with Indigo. Largely I did this because I was partly paying for my BA flights with Airmiles, and that didn't extend past Mumbai, but it seemed to work.

You are not obliged to book the onward flights with BA's partner airline.

And the question was just had anyone flown with BA. Qatar gets excellent reviews for passenger comfort, but as I'm only 5ft 3, BA is fine. My husband is 6ft and he had no problems with them this year either.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: goa via heathrow

Remember if you book both legs independently and you miss the connecting flight no one is responsible to put you on another flight, you may have to pay again. Also the return leg your bags are checked through from Goa to the UK which makes the transit in Mumbai.