We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim for ipad

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
sim for ipad

A friend usually takes a laptop to goa but has asked me if she could get a sim for her ipad instead as it will be easier to take. Is this possible and will it access the internet? I have no idea about these things. Thanks.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sim for ipad

Sims are readily available at many locations, just needs some pictures and a copy of her visa/passport, normally installed within four hours of applying.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sim for ipad

Vodafone and Airtel are two operators who provide these services. Your friend could get the sim card of any one of these and yes, Internet will work once they have these special sims.

Ashton in...
Level Contributor
206 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sim for ipad

The Elephant shop sorted mine out, on line within half an hour, no problem. Another place that advertised its SIM service outside the shop (the shop next to Sunset Beach Resort in Candolim) told me they couldn't be bought for an iPad in Goa, but luckily I'd already read on here that they were available so I didn't believe them!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sim for ipad

Thank you for all the replies.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sim for ipad

took my ipad in february but it stayed in suitecase for two weeks could not get internet until my hotel gave me their password for their internet and it worked fine you can not get a sim for the ipad their is no where to put it in unless your friends ipad is fitted with 3G but any place that has wifi your ipad will pick it up and if you get the password it works fine

Ashton in...
Level Contributor
206 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sim for ipad

Er... Yes, you CAN get a SIM for the iPad - as I said previously. I wasn't imagining it, honestly! The SIM goes in the slot where your own SIM normally lives - you use a pin to get the existing one out, then the Elephant Shop fits the Indian one. Assuming you've got 3G, that is... Wi fi wasn't much use to me in the Sunset Beach as they don't have it, and although I picked up the hotel opposite's wi fi, couldn't use it as didn't know the password. I did use wi fi in the Stone House, but carrying an iPad around at night in the present climate of bag-snatching isn't a great idea, so 3G came in very handy for us.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sim for ipad

has i previously said mojoworkin my ipad two does not have 3G so their is no sim slot in these ipads,, apple say you have to purchase a mi-fi device for it that is unlocked so you can use it in different countrys and use their local sim in it these cost in the region of £100, so ipads are not very good for abroad unless you have 3G on it my ipad is only a few months old thats what i thought could do take it with me and get something in goa for it the hotel where we were was ruffles and they had wifi once i had got the password from them, the wifi is free their but we did not get it until after two weeks because the free wifi sign had fallen off the wall and was not put back up until the owner russel came for a visit and noticed it dho

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sim for ipad

Im a bit confused!!!!!!

I have an i pad 2 with 3G. Will I need to get a sim card in Goa before I'll be able to use it????

BOB...

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: sim for ipad

If your I-pad has 3G capability then you can get a sim in goa. Idea, Airtel and Vodaphone all have 3G networks. The sim in an I-pad is the smaller mini sim as used in the I-phone. These are available although some places cut down the regular sized sim to fit. You can google the various network suppliers to see the rates for pay as you go.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sim for ipad

So the answer is yes then. Thanks for that Thirdstage.

BOB.