We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term accommodation in Goa

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Short term accommodation in Goa

Hi, I am planning to visit Goa. Could some one help with hassle free place accommodation or a place to rent for few weeks near a good breach areas

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

I think you might have to give a bit more information than that. When are you going, for a start?

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

North or South? quiet or busy?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,689 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

The least hassle way is to call in a travel agent and tell them what you want and when or you can just google, then look and book on-line but the visa is a very different story

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

I planning to go in late December to Mid January and would like visit North and South Goa, a week each in few places to relax. I would be looking for quiet areas, I am over 50 and well travelled

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

New Year is peak, peak season so prices may be much higher and Goa will be much busier than usual.

I would suggest you avoid the Baga, Calangute, Candolim stretch if you want quiet.

If you are planning to be in Goa for New Year then book as soon as you find accommodation with availability at a reasonable price, as the best places can be booked 12 months or more in advance.

Check out your local library for guidebooks and read up on a few places or explore this site a bit more and come back and ask more specific questions.

Edited: 09 May 2012, 18:49
Mentioned in this post
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

Sorry mate but no where in Goa is likely to be quiet during that period, and you will have to pay top dollar for any accommodation.....best time to come is after md Jan, prices will half in cost.

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

Thanks for the information goahappydays, I will reconsider dates

8. Re: Short term accommodation in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:40