We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

hi all,

I would need a car from Taj holiday village, for a trip to bom jesus church, few temples etc. is there a place near taj where i can get a taxi with driver for hire ?

do one have to bargain ? how much shud it cost in general ?

also are there any places to rent a bike, would like to drive down to Baga one evening ..

thanks for your response ..

regards

puneet

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
501 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

I wouldnt look for a taxi where you are staying as the price will be high. Go to Candolim and find a taxi and see how much the rates will be tell them all the places you want to go, you can always then ask another taxi driver what his rates are

.Pity the taxi drivers in Goa are not on meters as i am sure more people would use them.

Or maybe someone who posts on TA will give you the phone number of their taxi driver .

Loads of Scooters for hire at this time of the year i would haggle for 100/200 rs a day to hire one as long as no festivals are on and depending on how long you want it for.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

great thansk .. any other adivce is most welcome .. thanks again ..

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

See Bruahys photo of taxi fares in November 2011 and since then the price of petrol in Goa has come down by nearly 15 Rps a ltr

…photobucket.com/albums/…

If you can't find a non hotel taxi near the Taj you can get a bus into Candolim where you can normally find local taxis near the two big supermarkets or phone the number on the price list

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

oh great, thanks ..

i heard there is some taxi stand just outside the taj .. but not sure .. they might also be expensive .. this photograph is super useful .. thanks ..

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

The taxi-driver-and-card-playing-club gang sitting outside the Taj is not too vicious (as is the gang at Varca for instance). They allow 'outside' taxis to come and pick you up. I will PM you names and numbers of taxi drivers I know in the area.

Enjoy your holiday!

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

great that will be really helpful .. thanks a lot ..

Finland
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

when you stay at the Taj and then the outside Taxi guys will definately charge you more. Better to take some recommendations here for taxi drivers

Edited: 09 May 2012, 18:02
8. Re: Taxi Hire at Taj holiday village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:40