We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrying alchohol in flights?

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
32 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Carrying alchohol in flights?

Hi

I'm going back home today after having a wonderful time in Goa! Will I be allowed to carry bottles of wine in flight? I'm flying 2 Hyderabad in Spicejet.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

No liquids in cabin baggage!

Wolf

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

If you buy it in duty free then you can but if are getting a connecting flight then they will take it off you when you go through security

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

You can carry alcohol in your checked baggage, but not in cabin baggage.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

You will not be allowed to buy duty free as your flight is an internal flight.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

apparently the rules say if you buy in one airport it can be taken through security at the next airport if it is still in the sealed security bag from duty free

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

But the point here, as Binodoobaba rightly pointed out, is that the OP will not allowed to buy Duty free as his is taking a domestic to domestic destination flight.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

But the OP never mentioned Duty Free....so the answer is NO.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

Hi,

Brave1 is right. You may carry liquor for self consumption in your check in baggage. The airline or the security will not mind the bottles in the hold baggage. The only authority who can interfere would be the Excise Dept, which is a very rare case, but adult individuals are permitted to carry 2 litres of liquor with permit. Though some states like Tamil Nadu do not accept this, Andhra Pradesh, it is permitted. Ask for a permit in the shop where you buy the liquor (Rs.10 per bottle) and have it safe on you. Be informed this permit is applicable to IMFL and not Fenny. A couple of bottles shouldn't be of any trouble.

Regards

Prasanna

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

jipph

I don't know where you got that information - it's wrong!

Wolf

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Carrying alchohol in flights?

I have noticed before that there are a lot of domestic Indians who use TA as a source of advice about matters that usually apply only to Indians, as is the case here.. This is fine but they must realise that often someone who lives abroad will read the question and not realise this and then waste a considerable amount of energy trying to help. The evidence for this is all the references here to Duty Free, even though the original writer makes it clear that he is flying internally within India from Goa to Hyderabad.

So I would not only urge our Indian readers to understand this and not become confused, but also the less, well lets just say, aware members of TA who live in the UK and presumably think that Hyderabad is a suburb of Bolton not to waste everybodies time.