We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North and South Goa

Birmingham
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
North and South Goa

Hi we have stayed 3 times in Candolim North Goa for Christmas and New Year we stayed at the Casa Sea Shell B&B which was great. We would like to experience and stay in South Goa this year fro Christmas and New Year, in an area similar to Candolim near the restaurants, shops and a short distance walk to the beach. We understand that South Goa is quieter. I would be grateful if anyone could recommend places to stay in South Goa and the best area to also stay?

Thanks

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North and South Goa

Have a look at cavalossim I find it similar to candolim not as busy but bars and resteraunts enough and a nice beach if you walk down the beach to mobor beach you can walk into the leela and have look round it's well worth it we use to watch the dolphins from the beach as well.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: North and South Goa

Thank you very much for that, where did you stay when you went to South Goa.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North and South Goa

It would have to be Cavelossim although compared to Candolim its quieter, personally I would prefer Agonda or Palolem for the whole stay (not at the moment though cos the wife would miss the buzzing north) but this could be too quiet for you. We do 3 weeks in the north with 4 or 5 days in Agonda to totally chill.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North and South Goa

Cavelossim isn't as busy or as large as Candolim but is a good choice if you want something quieter. If you want a guest house you could look at Casa de Cris or Sao Domingos

http://www.casadecris.com/

http://www.saodomingosgoa.com/

Both are situated on the same lane close to the centre of Cavelossim with a good choice of restaurants within easy walking distance and about 10 minutes from the beach.

5. Re: North and South Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 May 2012, 07:45
Kent England
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North and South Goa

Hi wendyed you say you dont like Cavelossim becouse its like Butlins but you prefere Baga. Surely you mean the other way round

Ray

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North and South Goa

<<I dislike Cavelossim its like butlins in my opinion.>>

Hmm, think it's about time I paid Butlins a visit then. Personally I see no comparison whatsoever between Butlins and Cavelossim though I must admit it's an awful long time since I went to Butlins and then it was only for a day. Cavelossim has a beautiful beach where you can walk for miles - since when did any Butlins have that?? Away from the main stretch Cavelossim is so peaceful and so is the surrounding countryside - my friend has a 5 year old so has to suffer Butlins every year and I know from her description it's nothing like my peaceful holiday in Cavelossim. I don't see how sitting outside a shack on Cavelossim Beach or eating in one of the local restaurants resembles anything you can do in Butlins. How a Goan village can resemble a British holiday camp beats me!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North and South Goa

Butlins??? It just goes to show how different areas of Goa suit different people. Each to their own as they say.

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North and South Goa

I have to agree with stalex regarding a split stay between the north and south.This year we stayed in candolim again and loved it again but we also had a couple of days in Agonda and it was so peaceful,the beach just goes on and on but i don't think i could stay there for two weeks as its a bit too quiet for me but never the less a brilliant place to chill and unwind.

10. Re: North and South Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 May 2012, 10:35