We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unbelievable !!

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Unbelievable !!

Well..it's just got bloody worse here.The dry day was brought forward 24 hours this morning,with the bars and restaurants informed at 8 a.m and now they have been told NOT to serve food either until the 19th.This also includes hotels,so the only way guests can have something to eat is in their rooms.

We were walking aroung the resort today and every single bar/restaurant was closed with a few tourist walking around looking totaly p1ssed off....

Also the dry days have been extended to the city's as well.

John

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unbelievable !!

Bl**dy hell John that's a step too far!! What's it got to do with feeding people! The mind boggles.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unbelievable !!

Yes totaly ridiculous,whether the tourist dept gets their act together and try to challenge this time we will see !!

John

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unbelievable !!

bogmalo

I agree, that sounds incredibly harsh and extreme (not to mention downright stupid)!

I remember a rumour about bars & restaurants not serving food during the Feb/March elections but that was before the restrictions started and didn't actually happen.

But this time it sounds like it's going to happen.

What do the authorities expect all the food places to do wih the fresh food they've got in?

Silly question, they don't give a toss!

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unbelievable !!

I've just sent Mrs. Wolf on a recce. She reports that all the local restaurants/eateries are open as normal!

Wolf

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unbelievable !!

It maybe a south goa directive ať the moment they are all closed in this vicinity.

John

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unbelievable !!

John

Come oop north - you'll be able to eat!!!

Wolf

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unbelievable !!

Looks like i will have to risk it and come north...had the vaccinations so should be ok !!

John

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unbelievable !!

John, have you got your visa??? lol.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unbelievable !!

It expires next month,so i will have to hurry...

John

10. Re: Unbelievable !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:42