We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Rabies in India

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Is Rabies in India

HI

YES so be warned

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148915/Patient…

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Rabies in India

Keep away from those nice looking doggies it's just not worth the risk. But hey let's not start another long running dog scrap again! Lol

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Rabies in India

Think most people know about getiing medical treatment after any animal bite.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Rabies in India

Blimey she's lucky to still be alive with it taking so long to be diagnosed.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Rabies in India

Yes I have just been reading the paper. Not much hope for the poor lady. goahappydays, i would have thought you were right , but a lot of people just do not seem to know ( or ignore) these things.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Rabies in India

vurda, think most just ignore it, thinking it won't happen to me..... think people are also a little scared as the process of injections are not very appealing and certainly quite painful.

I had them myself 20 years ago in Belize after being nipped in the leg by a small monkey.... most painful treatment i have ever had.....but would willingly repeat it again if bitten by any animal.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Rabies in India

watched a program a couple of years ago the girl who survived rabies she is the only person ever to survive rabies without having the injections she was an american girl bitten by a bat in her home town so rabies was the last thing anybody thought of by then it was to late her doc put her in a coma for 6 months so the virus could not destroy her brain totally woke up with serious brain damage but still alive,Scares me every time i see stray dogs and if the I love dog brigade knew the risks they might think differently

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Rabies in India

goahappydays - the injections are not the same as they were years ago. I understand that you no longer have to have them in your stomach, which must have been absolutely horrendous.

Benaulim
Level Contributor
296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Rabies in India

Yes much more than you think.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Rabies in India

steve..... yes they were bloody sore.

They still recommend the stomach as its the most fast reacting area to have the treatment adminstered...however they will put in the backside if you attend a medic within a short period after the bite.

Edited: 24 May 2012, 11:57
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Rabies in India

Was she bitten in Goa??