We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to Goa???

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Topic
Back to Goa???

The big question is, should I go back to Goa or go elsewhere?

Being honest, despite my negative comments on here, I seem to get withdrawal symptoms!

All that rubbish at the side of the road and dogs barking, has just become part of my life. The journey on Monarch with the wonderful food and all the smiles the staff give is hmmmm superb!

I keep picturing myself at Gatwick having a beer and watching the planes take off and waiting for that warmth to hit me.

OK, so where do I book, I've convinced myself!

Edited: 20 June 2012, 21:51
manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to Goa???

well hantslad i was a bit disappointed with goa earlier this year , i enjoyed it but i just couldnt understand how everyone on here could be so obsessed with it , on our last night in goa we said we wouldnt rush back , 10 days later we rebooked to return next year for 3 weeks !!!! dont know why , still cant believe we did but somethings definately drawing me back !! so lets see what next year brings ... i got a feeling i will end up a goa addict too .

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to Goa???

Hantslad I have noticed a mellowing or thawing out in the last few months in your comments about Goa. You know you want to go back! Go on book it!! Lol

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back to Goa???

Said we would not go back after last year. Rubbish etc etc etc.

Got our room booked but still undecided. Think we will wait and see how or if things improve.

Other thing is now the prices have gone up so much it is not as attractive as it used to be.

A lot of us used to put up with all the bad stuff because it was cheap to get there and very cheap once you got there.

That gap has now widened.

As I said we will wait and see.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back to Goa???

Every time we were asked last Easter by the hotel staff, shack staff and beach sellers " will we see you next year" our reply was " oh no we never go to the same place twice in a row".

It's now mid June we've been back about 2 months and have booked to go to the osborne again next Easter and are even flying with monarch ( your comments about the food and friendly staff made me laugh,I know exactly what you mean )

We are already planning what we are going to do and see and even eat. I guess we've definately got the bug .

Mandy

Swansea, South Wales
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Back to Goa???

Greetings from Swansea,Our little group of six have been going to Goa since 1992, staying at the Goan heritage,Sun Village, CSM, and for the past ten years at the Ronil Beach Resort, We have made many friends over the years Goan and Brits,we have seen many changes some good some not so good.

We arrived back from Goa February this year,and normally we we are looking to book for the following year,but we have decided not to go back.

We have had many good times in Goa and the memories will stay with us forever,but sadly the calling me back factor is no longer there.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back to Goa???

We have been going to goa for the last 8 years and, like Terry Tripod, have many good memories. We have today just booked for February to go to The Gambia instead of Goa. Will probably go back another year but after the lack of sun beds and early closing etc that happened whilst we were there this year it has put us off a bit. A change is as good as a rest, so they say.

Essex
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back to Goa???

A Goan once said to me in 2010, "do you know what India stands for?" No i replied "i would never do it again" he responded with a laugh.

He was wrong of course, but having done goa in 2010 and Vietnam in 2011 im definately ready the Goa experience again.

My point is, if you do go year after year, perhaps its nice for a break for a year from time to time. The world is a big place with a lot to see. The only problem is a bit of you will always belong to India once you have been there.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back to Goa???

Book it would be my advice Hantslad but try another company. Thomson appear cheaper this year than Thomas Cook/Direct Holidays.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back to Goa???

Hantslad

You know you want to!

Conciousness

That spells "IWNDIA"

Wolf

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Back to Goa???

G I P O stands for - - - goa is played out!