We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

I've discovered today, and by accident, that my booked and paid-for flight from Gatwick to Goa in December has been cancelled. In fact ALL Thursday flights have been withdrawn.

Then found a post thread here at TA about Monarch cabin crew mentioning to some passengers months ago that these flights were being withdrawn from 24/2/12.... two weeks after my flight booking was accepted and payment taken.

What's more, these Thursday flights appear to have been on sale after this date.

Contacting the booking agent today, I received the reply...."we've only just been notified..." Hmmmm???

Has anyone here also booked a Thursday flight with Monarch this year and not been notified by the airline?

(PS...no comments about Qatar please)

Edited: 12 July 2012, 16:55
Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,745 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Well one of the Olympic reps who was visiting my hotel in Jan this year told me that the flights were being reduced from 8 to 6 for all of the 2012/213 season, and when I asked the Jewel in the Crown rep he said the same.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

booked to fly out 6th Dec with monarch. have just phoned monarch and was told all thursday flights are as scheduled.Went on monarch website to look at flights and there are only saturday flights available,dont know what to believe.my instinct os to cancel and book qatar flights.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

In response to the posts here that stated Monarch confirmed Thursday flights are 'as scheduled', I wrote again to Avro Flights, agents for Monarch, and just received this message:

>> Good Afternoon,

I can confirm and only re-iterate what Caroline has advised earlier today, the Thursday flight has been cancelled and next week you will receive written confirmation of this, it appear the passengers you have been in contact with have not been notified as of yet,

Thank you for your patience,

regards,

Natalie <<

Edited: 13 July 2012, 17:10
London
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

All the booking sites such as Avro, Travel Republic, Cosmos etc.... only show the saturday flight - no Thursday flights. Seems that Monarch who operate the flight are the people who should know, but seem they only ones not to know - just proves anything to do with your holiday best to recheck and double check.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Someone telling a lot of fibs then!!

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Monarch seem to be telling the fibs, but the issue here is why Thursday flights have been on sale until very recently when Monarch (almost certainly?) knew these were going to be withdrawn....

Also knowing that many travellers would have booked and payed for accommodation or additional internal flights in advance!

Do their terms allow for people to reclaim costs affected by their (hidden) decisions? Unlikely perhaps.

Disgraceful customer service!

Edited: 13 July 2012, 18:03
plymouth
Level Contributor
146 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Monarch had no booking under my name for the 20th Dec, managed to find out why, cos they automatically switch my flight to the sat without even informing me. Really not a happy bunny cos no will have to rescedule my internal flights to Delhi and my tour with Delhi magic, what a joke.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Same sh*t different year! They take your money and mess up your plans just like last year.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,508 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

With Jewelin the Crown takingon T/C flights, do you think that it maybe them what is using the Thursday Gatwick flights just for package hols!or couldit be Cosmos or other operators! just a thought.----whodid you bookwith and are you on flight only Millsey? thats what makes me think that. Gemma we have flown with Qatar about12times and neverhad a problem myself, and never heard of any last season,that is why i wrote that;;;)

plymouth
Level Contributor
146 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Thursday flights with Monarch from Gatwick

Booked as a holiday thornhilllass through monarch staying at ticklo when I rang the monarch number to find out what was going on, I was actually speaking to cosmos so bit confused as to who I'm actually with.