We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4&5 star hotels in Goa

melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
4&5 star hotels in Goa

We are traveling to India with our 15 & 13 yr old children in Jan & would liKe to complete our vacation in North Goa relaxing by the sea.i would like our hotel to have a private beach & be within walking distance to restaurants & shopping. The travel agent I have been corresponding with in India is adamant that we should stay at Fort Aguada beach resort , which I believe requires a taxi each time we step out of the resort & from my reading the beach is not that special. Surely there must be other suitable hotels that can fit my criteria ,any suggestions are most welcome.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4&5 star hotels in Goa

You're correct about the location of the Taj.

Try the Lemon Tree in Candolim - nice hotel and very central.

Wolf

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4&5 star hotels in Goa

If you are looking for a 5 star property with a good beach you need to head south.Also, no Hotel's in Goa have a private beach

John

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4&5 star hotels in Goa

None of the hotels in Goa has a private beach. They are just maintained by the hotels. Some hotels have direct access to the beach.

4 star hotels with direct access to the beach are:

O Hotel

The Clematis

London, United...
Level Contributor
438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4&5 star hotels in Goa

The Dona Sylvia and Holiday Inn (Cavelossim - South Goa) have direct access to a fantastic beach. I have stayed at both of these hotels and I woudl highly recommend them.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4&5 star hotels in Goa

Agree with Mr Wolf about the Lemon Tree. There's also this place http://goa-360beach.32ndmilestone.com/

6. Re: 4&5 star hotels in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 06:17