We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rice boats

Sheffield
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Rice boats

Hi a all, my wife and I have been to Goa five times now ,but ,we ve never done the rice boat.

We d like to know who to book with,whats included,how much is it ect

Cheers ,Pete and Lynne

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rice boats

try the Kerala forum,,,,,,,,no rice boats in Goa.

Wolf

Sheffield
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rice boats

Thought I d seen one just below the bridge as you go into Panjim from Calangute ,Mind that was a couple of years back.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rice boats

There are rice boats operating in Goa.Just google it and you will find what you need.

John

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rice boats

There are a number of houseboats in Goa, look very like the rice boats of Kerala, I believe they are built by Keralan boat builders too.

We went on an overnight trip from Siolim a few years ago, it was a really lovely trip, great food, comfy beds and loved seeing the life along the river. We went on Laidback Waters and booked directly with them from the jetty, they now have a small office close to the jetty. Daytripper and John's Boats also do trips. http://www.daytrippergoa.com/houseboat1.htm http://www.johnboattours.com/HouseBoat.html sunsetgetawaysgoa.com/houseboat-backwater-cr…

Hope this helps,

Edited: 10 September 2012, 21:25
Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rice boats

We went on the Houseboat cruise in March this year, booked with Johns Boat Tours in Candolim, cost about £100 I think for both of us, might be less, can't remember exactly, but it was great. Just me n hubby and another English couple. Food was great, plenty to drink, boat was spotless. Highly recommend and will do it again and with Johns Boat Tours, they also told us they don.t take bookings from Russians, unlike Day Trippers.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rice boats

We have done the rice boat in Goa also. We hired the entire boat, there were 4 of us. We went very early that year and the boat wasnt running but our package operator rep, who was Indian, arranged it privately for us. It was excellent!

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rice boats

goanblade

Sorry if I gave you incorrect information!

Wolf

Sheffield
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rice boats

Thanks anyway mate

Pete

9. Re: Rice boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:16