We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
10 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

Hi,

I am looking to book a flight from Delhi to Goa on 22/11/12. I have noticed that the majority of flights go via Mumbai, there are some direct flights but they are either at poor times or are really expensive.

With the in-direct flights I am interested to know if we have to get off the plane in Mumbai or if we stay on-board as the flight number does not appear to change for either leg of the journey for most of the airlines that I have looked at.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also the airlines I've looked at are Kingfisher, GoAir, Indigo and SpiceJet. If anyone has used these if you could recommend one that would be great.

Thanks

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

I've only travelled Goa to Dehli via Mumbai a few times, this was with Air India and each time weve stayed on the plane at Mumbai.

An official comes on and you have to identify your hand luggage before any new passengers board. We spent approx an hour on the ground,

We were served a breakfast in both legs too!!

I would try to avoid Kingdisher as theres chance they could cancel flights, the others I've not flown with but have heard good reports of spice jet .

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

We have booked Spicejet for Feb flight but we booked the direct Goa to Delhi - more expensive, but I really couldn't be bothered with the stop over in Mumbai. Especially on the return flight because we have booked a very busy few days of sightseeing and want to do/see as much as we can.

Hope you get a good deal whatever option you choose, but I do agree I though the internal flights are pricey for end of this year/beginning of next year.

Edited: 18 September 2012, 21:55
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

I have flown with Goair, Indigo and Spicejet budget airlines and they are all ok, all very similair. Don't use Kingfisher, they are having lots of problems and are not reliable.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
703 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

Hi, No need to get down and change flight in Mumbai. Same flight goes to Goa. Don't book Kingfisher. Rest all airlines are ok. Indigo planes are new. You will have to but food as all these airlines are low cost.

Happy Journey!!

Amarjeet

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

We used Spicejet in January to go to, and return from Delhi. both flights were direct and no problem. gotta be worth paying a little extra for a direct flight.

We booked our flights in the UK before we left.

BOB...

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
10 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

Hi, thanks for the info.

For once its not the cost I'm concerned about its the timings. The direct flights are at quiet poor times for us where as the in-direct ones are more convenient I'm just concerned about having to get off the plane and our bags change planes in Mumbai.

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

At first the timings didn't suit us on the direct flight but our guide has arranged that on arrival at Delhi we will drive to Agra rather than the train. Our flight arrives Delhi at approx 4pm.

Hope you get it all arranged OK. I am sorry I can't help with Mumbai but any time I have flown there I have always stayed overnight to catch the connecting flights (to the UK)

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

matt,,u wanting one way u never said about return,,,def your best bet is del/goa with spicejet at 59 pound direct,one way ,,there be return flights if your wanting them,, but not at 59 pound lol,,good times to,,click on to a SKYSCANNER, and click on ,, del/goa,,,22 november,,bye,,,

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

The last time we flew from Goa to Mumbai I seem to remember that we got off while the people going to Delhi stayed on the plane.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
289 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi to Goa in-direct flight question

If there's only 1 flight no. you won't have to disembark. For example my flight in late october TO goa from Calcutta is on Indigo with a single ticket but we will have to change planes (6E 318 and 6E 181). On the other hand the return flight on Spicejet is one where we'll be staying in the plane at Mumbai (SG 804).