We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Me and my girlfriend have messed up basically.

We are looking to fly to India in around 2 weeks time and assumed a visa would be a quick thing.

As of yet I have filled in all the forms and just need to go to an application centre. Could someone please give me information on how long it takes if I drop my application in Manchester in the next 24hs and what I will need, I have everything on the checklist but would like some clarification.

Thanks in advance

Jonny

98 replies to this topic
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

It should take around a week. At least if your handing them in at a visa centre they will check everything is correct before sending them off

Good luck

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Would this be the best option or would it be faster to simply post it?

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

butters,,click on to, CLOUD9TRAVEL.COM. //// tel, 01772499922,,thay will help u out , have used them a few times never eny probs ,,thay wont charge u for advice,,have a good trip bye,,

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Jonny.. Best not to post them but to take them - it will save a day or two in the postal system and as mentioned by others, they will check them while you are there incase of a missed signature etc, that way there's no chance they would be rejected and sent back to you.

You cannot collect from the Manchester office - return has to be via DX Courier:

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/passportreturn.html

Edited: 20 September 2012, 10:11
Manchester
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Manchester Centre is ace. Always helpful. I walk in wait a little go into office hand in paper work , its checked and then I leave a week later passport sent back to me.

Make sure you have all your photos and the paper work is ok. And dont forget the pre paid royal mail envelops so you can get your pass ports back and one for each passport.

Enjoy your holidays. photos and reports when you get back. I have just over five months and counting

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Hi guys, cheers for your help. I went through the Manchester branch and they where very helpful and polite etc. Just waiting for it to be processed and sent back to me now.

I handed my documents over on the 21st sept and we fly on the 3rd oct so just waiting nervously now. I was reassured it would take "5-7 working days" so it should all be good.

Cheers again.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Hi folks, I too want to take my forms into Manchester. Which mission did you put down on your online forms? I can't seem to find anything but London, Birmingham or Edinburgh on the online pick list.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

If you're taking them to the Manchester office then I'm sure you put the Birmingham mission down. You only put London if you are posting them.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

It is Birmingham mission as bindoobaba says.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.

Why can't they say that somewhere? I soooo nearly put London

Thanks

Reply to: India Tourist Visa Manchester Application Centre.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted