We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi to Goa

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Delhi to Goa

Thinking of flying to Delhi then train back to Goa, could anyone help with how long it would take on train and how much

Thanks Julie :-)

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi to Goa

Train from dehli to Goa can take at least 30 hours,the price depends on what class.

John

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi to Goa

I did that last year and really enjoyed the experience but i would advise to travel 2AC and get a bit of comfort on that long journey. ~Also if you are going to North Goa dont bother pre-booking a taxi to meet you at the station. I booked a train that did not stop at Thivim, so arranged for a taxi to pick me up at Margao and guess what - the train made an unscheduled stop at Thivim!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi to Goa

Hi

We will be in Goa for 3 weeks so not sure what days we would be going, would we be able to just turn up at train station and get tickets there.

Julie

Thanks for replys :-)

Edited: 26 September 2012, 12:29
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi to Goa

Indian trains tend to book up quickly. If you are travelling over the New Year period then you would need to book early.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi to Goa

The only methods of getting tickets for higher class levels of berths are either booking well in advance up to 120 days, or getting a taktal ticket a couple of days before you travel..... Check the Indians railways website for details.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi to Goa

Thanks for your help will look at web sit

Julie :-)

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi to Goa

Julie .... you can just turn and get a ticket but it will be 2nd class seating i e no ac no bunks very crowded at times etc ,we went kamali / mumbai this way 2011 ,,,12 hours....30 hours delhi / goa would be a bit of a strain doing it that way ,,best to book and get some kip,,,,,,,,,,well try to lol ,,,,,,,,steve

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi to Goa

Thanks Steve :-)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi to Goa

the fastest of trains would take minimum 26 hours and the journey could be as long as 38 hours in a slower train.

you must book tickets well in advance and book in either the 2tier AC or !st AC as they are the most comfortable and convenient

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi to Goa

only took rajdhani and smpark kranti