We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I book accommodation before I go?

Reading, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should I book accommodation before I go?

Hi!

I am travelling to Goa for 2 weeks on November 27th. It's my first time and I would like to do this as a mini backpacking trip.

I will be booking my first 2 night accommodation, probably in Panjim, but after that I would like to play it by ear and just find the accomodation as I go, depending on the route I take (probably head to the North after the first couple of days in Panjim and then work my way down to the South. I don't really wanted to be restricted to by prebooked accommodation.

I have a flexible budget and am looking to mix it up with a few nights in beach huts and a few nights in 3*+.

Has anyone done this? Is wise to go without prebooked accommodation?

Any suggestions/guidance would be very much appreciated!

Fran

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I book accommodation before I go?

At that time of year you should be fine. In our experience, beach huts have always been available then at, for example, Ashwem and Mandrem (North Goa) and you should find hotel rooms without any problem.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I book accommodation before I go?

Not a problem finding accomodation in Goa at the start of December as it's always quiet before xmas.

John

Reading, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I book accommodation before I go?

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated!

co tyrone castlederg
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I book accommodation before I go?

you will have no probs , we have done the same before you get 2 stay in some great places, and meet some great people this way. when you have stayed in a beach hut 4 a few days its great 2 go 2 a reasonable hotel/guest house and get a hot shower . then off on the next adventure, good luck have a great time.

5. Re: Should I book accommodation before I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:19