We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Hi

Press Today.

BE WARNED BE WARY

…indiatimes.com/city/…16705793.cms

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Wow must have been a large hand bag for that amount of rupees

But unfortunatly its a must to keep your hand bag over your shoulder away from the road side not just hanging down and hopefully anybody bag snatcher will break his neck on trying

just imagine carrying that amount of rupees around with you

stupid

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

They'd be rich takings for theives snatching my bag, lets see, used tissue, the odd fluffy sweet and one or two lippies! Lol

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Gradually getting worse for crime in Goa insn't it. I wonder how long before it's like spain !!!

BOB...

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Yes Bob, it's not like it used to be, I used to feel so safe there, wondering late at night with just a torch (in the early 90s everything closed well before midnight!!)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Wow, I don't ever have that amount of cash, let alone walk around with it in my handbag. After having my bag snatched on our first trip to Goa I take the absolute mimimum out with me at night now, just enough to pay for that night's dinner plus tissues and a few bits and bobs. I also take an old handbag that I'm not bothered about losing. The main thing I'm bothered about losing is my camera as I occasionally take that out at night or you'd never have any night time photos. If that's in my bag I clutch onto it tightly well away from the roadside.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Sheer madness to be carrying that amount of cash around!

I wonder if it was just an opportunist snatch or if they had specifically targetted her, maybe followed them from their hotel.

Either way, as Shazuk & Gemma say, you need to take care of your bag whether you're in a restaurant or walking along the road.

Chester-le-Street,En...
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

I wonder if the police voluntarily registered this crime, that in itself would be something new.

When my wife had her handbag stolen I had to pay (bribe ??) to get a crime report and therefore claim on our insurance.This was only done with help of a Goan friend.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

Candolim again! Lets see if there is an increase this season after last year! Shouldn't be with all the extra poilce on the street keeping an eye on shack sizes, number of sunbeds and helmetless riders!

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

STALEX, with all those Police about monitoring all what you said the danger is that when real crime raises it's ugly head they won't do anything about it because they've not been told to actually do proper Police work, which in all honesty they wouldn't know even if it smacked them in the face.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Its Not Just Foreigners That Are The Targets.

We had camara stolen from oh pocket at maps a bus station last year. We were getting on the bus one the lads went in pocket took camara and jumped back of the bus and run.